We Meet Semi-Formal

Start from the beginning

"I-I don't know anymore," I stand, "I need your father," I say to Riley, then storm into the history room.

"Mr-" before I can finish I see Farkle standing in the back of the class, "Farkle, what are you doing?"

"This," he says, coming down the row to me and revealing a white lily from behind his back, placing it behind my ear, before spinning me towards the board. It has the words I've been waiting to hear for 10 months: Will You Go To The Dance With Me?

"Farkle," I blush.

"So, will you?"

"I-I can't," he frowns, "I mean, I really truly want to, but I already agreed to go with Brandon," I kiss his cheek, "but this doesn't change us, or how I feel about you."

"And it shouldn't," a voice says, and I turn to see Brandon, "Idina, I see the way you look at Farkle, and yeah I thought we could maybe have a fun time, but I see now that you and Farkle should go together. I don't wanna stand in the way of this," he comes to me and points to the lily in my hair, "you two should blossom like the flower you are. You deserve it."

"Thank you, Brandon," I say smiling, "And trust me, you'll find the girl for you, but it's not me."

"All I ask is one dance,"

"Of course," Brandon smiles then walks out.

"But the rest are mine," Farkle smirks.

"You got it, Mister," I reply smiling, he tries to kiss me, but I place a finger on his lip, "let's wait, I think it'll be more worth it tomorrow night."

"Well, I need some lunch if I'm gonna make it to tomorrow night."

"Okay, I'll see you in class," I walk out, twisting my hair nervously excited, as I approach Riley and Maya, still dealing with the whole Lucas situation.

"So you still going with Brandon?"

"Nope, got it all figured out," I say, but then turn to Riley, "And you know what I think? I think Lucas is waiting until the very last minute, and then he's gonna do the big ask."

"Sure, he is," Riley says pessimistically.

"First, there'll be balloons in your locker," seconds later red balloons float, "Then, people will hand you roses until you have a big bouquet," this rings true, "Okay, uh... disco ball? Music? Yogi on skates! Drop a banner," all is correct, "and then Lucas is right there next to you," except that prediction.

"Yes, yes! I would love to go to the semi-formal with you!" Riley's smile becomes frozen on her face when she sees the boy standing in front of her. Charlie Gardner, not Lucas Friar.

"Good. I was hoping you would. I can't believe that you actually said yes. I waited because I was sure Lucas was gonna ask you, but when he didn't, I just figured there was a problem. So, I asked you because I think a girl like you deserves to be swept off her feet,"

"Uh-oh," I utter.

"What do I do?" Riley asks Maya and me in a sidebar situation.

"Are you asking us?" I say.

"Well if you're asking me, I say you give me a chance," Charlie says.

"Uh-oh," Maya says this time. Riley turns to Charlie and takes a deep breath.

"Charlie, I want to thank you for the flowers and the banner and Yogi on skates," she sighs, "I'm so sorry, but I can't go."

"You can't go with me?"

"No, I can't go with anybody. I can't go with anybody because I can't go with anybody that night because I can't go anywhere that night because my parents have something that night."