Chapter 24 : Where's Riker?

Chapter 24

Later...

Jeff POV

"Mom, I'm starving!" Ross said.

"We'll be getting to a place for lunch in about 15 minutes," mom said.

I looked over at Riker, who was sleeping. His head was pressed against the window, and he looked sort of uncomfortable.

"Riker?" I asked, quietly.

I nudged his arm a little, and he looked at me.

"Sorry... You looked uncomfortable. I didn't want you to hurt your back or anything."

Riker groaned, sitting up a little straighter.

"It hurts already..."

"Is there any possible way that you could sleep without hurting your back?"

"I doubt it..."

Riker stretched a little bit.

"We're stopping for lunch soon, by the way."

"Oh... Cool..."

Later...

Jeff POV

Riker kept shifting next to me. He was trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in. His back was really hurting him.

I grabbed a pillow from the back, and put it on my lap.

"Try this."

I grabbed Riker's arm, and had him lay down with his head in my lap. It might not be the best, but it had to be better than having his face smooshed against the window.

In less than 5 minutes, I heard his snores start. They were sort of quiet though.

Later...

Riker POV

We'd had dinner at an actual restaurant. It gave me a little time to stretch my back. I just couldn't really sit for a while in the same position without my back killing me. And the car was doing more than killing it.

I'd taken a pretty long nap after lunch in Jeff's lap. It still made my back hurt, but not as much as the window technique I'd been using.

We were back in the car now, and it was getting late. I was getting tired.

I took the pillow, and put it in between Jeff and I on the seat. I laid down as best as I could, and so did Jeff. I fell asleep relatively quickly.

Later...

Jeff POV

I woke up, and Riker was snoring so loudly. I sat up, looking at the time. It was almost 3:00 in the morning. Dad was driving.

"Hey, dad?" I asked, quietly.

"Yeah?"

"Are we going to be stopping anytime soon?"

"We can stop in about 10 minutes if we need to. Why?"

"I need to go to the bathroom."

"Ok."

Once we got to the rest area, I had a very tricky task of climbing of the seat, and then climbing over Rydel, Rocky, and Ross, who were all asleep.

I followed dad into the gas station. He bought a coffee while I went to the bathroom. And then I climbed back over my siblings, and buckled my seatbelt again.