Chapter 2 : The arrival

Chapter 2

Friday afternoon...

Riker POV

I'd been freaking out ever since I found out about my twin. I'd barely gotten any sleep, so you'd think I'd be tired. But I wasn't. I was extremely hyper, and was totally freaking out. I wasn't really happy he was coming. In fact, I was kind of dreading it. What if he didn't like me!? I like rooming with Rocky, and now this is going to be really weird!

Once I was home from school, I ran into the kitchen to check the time. Jeff was supposed to arrive between 4:30 and 5:00. My mom was picking him up from the airport. Right now it was about 3:00.

"Riker?"

"WHAT!?" I yelled, turning around.

"Bro, calm down," Rocky said, going in the fridge.

"I'm just nervous."

"Yeah, like that's not completely obvious..."

"He's my twin, Rocky! What if he hates me!?"

"I'm sure he'll like you. Do you know how many girls like you?"

"That's different. They're fans of R5. They don't have to live with me, and deal with me all the time. And besides, we barely have any fans. We only learned how to play instruments a few months ago."

"Good point. He'll probably hate you."

I turned to face Rocky with wide eyes.

"Riker, relax. I was kidding."

I started breathing quickly. Rocky came and hugged me.

"Riker. Dude, relax."

I slowed my breathing, and regained control of myself.

"Riker, everything will be fine. He'll probably love you. You guys are still brothers. You just don't know each other."

"Yeah, I guess..."

Jeff POV

The officer that picked me up helped me check my luggage and board the plane. We'd taken off, and my ears and head already hurt really bad. And now I have to be in pain for hours... Great...

I kept going over my goodbyes in my head. I'd said goodbye to Nick last, since he was my best friend. I already missed him like crazy.

I stared out the window, but all I could see was clouds. I was trying not to freak myself out. First of all, I hated planes. Second, I just left all my friends, and I probably wouldn't be seeing them anytime soon. Third, if flying wasn't scary enough, I was alone. And I had no idea how I was supposed to find my family at the airport. I didn't know what they looked like or anything! And fourth, what if I hated it there? What if they were like my old parents, and they hit me and stuff?

I pulled my legs up to my chest, and wrapped my arms around them. This is going to be a long night. I can already feel it...

Later...

Riker POV

"Riker, sit down. Quit your pacing," Rocky said, motioning for me to sit next to him on the couch.

"No! I can't! I'm too nervous! Mom just left with Rydel to go pick Jeff up! This is it! This is the last time I'll be with you guys before he comes!"

"You're acting like you're going to hate him."

I threw my hands into the air and sighed loudly.

"I don't know, Rocky!" I shouted.

Rocky smirked at me.