Chapter 13 : The first day

Chapter 13

Morning...

Riker POV

"Guys. Wake up. We're here," I heard my dad say as I opened my eyes.

I tried sitting up, and almost screamed in pain. I stayed where I was.

I could hear Jeff sitting up next to me.

"Riker. Get up. We're here," Jeff said.

"I'm up... But everything hurts!"

"What hurts?"

"My back, neck, butt, legs, shoulders..."

"Come on. Let's go see the place."

I yawned.

"Riker. Come on. I'll help you."

"This is going to hurt..."

I felt Jeff's hands under my shoulders. He gently lifted me while I tried not to cry out in pain. He got me to sit up straight after about a minute.

"Riker."

I stayed completely still. Everything was stiff and sore, and hurt like crazy!

"It hurts! Everything hurts!"

"Let's get out, and you can stretch."

Rydel, Ross, and Rocky had already gotten out of the seats in front of us. Jeff climbed over, and then offered his hands to me. I took them, and slowly tried to get myself over the seats without causing too much pain. I stopped about halfway over.

"Riker."

"What?"

"Keep going."

"It hurts."

Jeff wrapped his arms around my middle, and pulled me out of the van. When he put me down on the ground, I stumbled backwards, and fell over.

"Ow!"

Jeff knelt down at my side.

"You have some serious problems."

"Just help me up, please."

Jeff helped me stand again, and kept his arm around me for support. We walked inside the cabin, and were directed downstairs in the basement by mom. She said we'd be staying down here. I turned the light on as we walked down the stairs.

The floor was cement, and the walls were made out of cinder blocks. There were 2 beds over by the wall, a bathroom over near the corner, and not much else besides the heater and all the normal creepy basement stuff. There were spider webs all over the place, and I was already dreading sleeping down here. But I knew enough not to argue with mom about it.

"Riker, do you want to go lay down, and I'll tell you when we're done unloading the car and stuff?"

"Sure..."

Jeff helped me lay down on the bed, flat on my back.

"I'll be back..."

As I laid there alone, I started noticing everything around me. There were spider webs everywhere. And there was a second door down here. It wasn't the bathroom. I could see the bathroom because the door was open. And I was wondering what the second door was.

I'll admit, I was a little scared being down here. This cabin just seemed creepy...

I closed my eyes, not wanting to look anymore. And I fell asleep.

Later...

Jeff POV

I was finally done helping unload the van. I'd brought Riker's and my suitcases and backpacks down. And I was pretty sure Riker was sleeping...