Chapter 15 : I'm sorry

Chapter 15

Jeff POV

I ran up the basement steps, and then I ran up another flight to my parents' room. I ran through the doorway, still crying and breathing hard. I ran into my mom's arms.

"Jeff, what happened?" Mom asked.

"R-Riker... H-he p-pushed me!"

I kept having flashbacks of my childhood. My fake parents had done things like this before. And I was scared of that happening again.

Dad got up and left. Mom just held me in her arms tight.

Once I'd calmed down a little, I told her more of the details of what happened. And I told her why it'd scared me so much... Because of my childhood... And she understood, and was really nice about it.

Riker POV

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I was slightly nervous for a few seconds, but then I saw it was only dad. Not a serial killer.

"What did you do to Jeff?" My father asked.

Ooh... That's not a good tone of voice. I sound like I'm in deep trouble...

"It wasn't my fault!"

"You didn't even tell me what happened yet."

"He made me mad, and I just lost it, ok!? I didn't mean to, but I did, and I pushed him off the bed, and I think he hit his head on the ground..."

"When we get home, you're grounded. 2 weeks. And give me your phone."

I handed him my phone, but he kept standing there.

"You'd better not do anything else like that again, Riker. I'm very disappointed in you. You're better than that."

He left, and I felt beyond guilty. I just hurt my twin.

Jeff came walking quietly down the stairs a few minutes later. He wasn't crying, but his face and eyes were still bright pink.

"Jeff, I'm sorry."

He ignored me, got in his sleeping bag, and laid down, facing away from me.

"Jeff, please! I'm sorry!"

He didn't move. I got up, and went over to his bed.

"Riker, please don't hurt me!" Jeff said, holding his hands up to defend himself.

"I-I wasn't going to. I'm sorry."

"Get away from me."

"Jeff-"

"Get away from me, Riker!"

I got back in my own bed after shutting off the light. The room was literally pitch black, and it scared the crap out of me.

Later...

Riker POV

I heard Jeff moving around a lot. He started screaming the word 'no' and I guessed he was having a nightmare. I felt my way over to his bed, and shook his shoulder.

"Jeff."

"No! No!"

"Jeff, wake up!"

Jeff jerked away from my grip, and I could hear him crying now. I found his arm again, and he screamed.

"Jeff, it's just me, Riker."

"Riker!?"

"I'm not going to hurt you. Are you ok!?"