Chapter 12 : Riker's unpleasant car ride

Chapter 12

Later...

Riker POV

Jeff had pretty much stared out the window since we'd left the rest stop. My head was pounding even worse than before, and I was feeling slightly dizzy. I just kept my eyes shut tight, hoping I'd fall asleep, and get away from the pain.

Jeff POV

I checked my phone, and it was almost 7:00 in the morning now. So we had about 28 hours left, if it actually took us 30 hours. But either way, we'd probably be getting there sometime on Saturday morning, which was tomorrow...

I pulled my knees up to my chest, and wrapped my arms around them. I looked over at Riker, who had a weird look on his face. He looks like he's in pain or something. Serves him right, though...

"Mom, what's for breakfast?" Ross asked.

"I told you all to grab granola bars," mom said.

"Here, Ross," Rydel said, handing him one.

Riker ran his fingers through his hair, sighed, and moved around a little.

"Mom, I don't feel good," Riker said, adjusting his position again.

"Are you Riker or Jeff?" Mom asked.

"It's obviously Riker. You can tell from his attitude," dad said.

"What's wrong, Riker?" Mom asked, annoyed, and obviously not feeling sorry for him.

"My head hurts, my stomach hurts, and I feel like crap."

"I don't have anything for you, Riker. Maybe when we stop at the next rest stop, I'll see if I can buy you something to take for it."

Riker groaned quietly, and leaned against the other side of the car. And I noticed he'd started crying silently.

I honestly can't deal with crying. It breaks my heart. And Riker's my twin! I don't like seeing him like that. I know Rocky said I need to stand my ground, but he's not sitting next to poor Riker, and seeing the pain he's in!

"Riker," I whispered.

He turned to look at me, wiping his eyes a little bit.

"You ok?" I whispered.

Riker shook his head no.

"What's going on? It's awfully quiet back there," mom said.

Ross looked at us.

"Well we're all on our phones, but Riker's crying like a big baby."

Riker hid his face in his hands, and leaned forward, ducking out of view of his parents. I put my hand on his back and rubbed it slowly.

Eventually he sat back up. My hand touched his, and his hand felt ice cold!

I reached behind us, and grabbed a blanket. I spread it over Riker, and he hugged it around himself, still silently crying.

I reached into my backpack, and pulled out a cereal bar, offering it to Riker. He took it slowly.

"T-thanks," he whispered.

I turned a little in my seat so I was facing Riker instead of facing forward. I still had my knees to my chest, hugging them tightly, watching Riker eat very slowly.

Finally he was done. So I pulled out a water bottle, and handed it to him. He drank a little of it, and then put it in a cup holder.

He'd pretty much stopped crying now, but he looked miserable.

Long Lost BrotherOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara