Chapter 5 : A not so good second night

Chapter 5

Later...

Riker POV

I'd finally finished helping Jeff move into my bedroom. But he had no sheets for his bed. I should've thought of that when we were at the mall...

"Kids! Dinner!"

Jeff followed me downstairs. He hadn't said much, but it didn't feel so awkward between us anymore.

I sat down at the table, and he sat down right next to me. I couldn't help but smile.

Later...

Jeff POV

After dinner, I followed Riker upstairs to our room.

"Um... Riker?"

"What?"

"Am I going to have sheets by tonight?"

"Oh... Yeah, about that... Um... I was going to ask mom or dad to see if they could take us back to the mall to get some. I mean... You could go alone. I just figured you'd want me to go too. But if you don't want me to, that's fine too."

I thought it was funny how he was nervously rambling. He seemed so confident all the time. I liked seeing the somewhat insecure side of him too.

"I want you to come with me," I said, looking up at Riker.

He smiled at me.

"Ok. I'll go ask..."

While Riker was downstairs, I looked around our room. Riker had so much stuff compared to me. I barely had any clothes, and he had a ton. I barely had anything else, and he had a laptop, phone, games, books...

"Dad's going to drive us. Let's go!" Riker said from the doorway.

I shut off the light, and followed him downstairs. We got in the van. I sat alone in the middle row again. I was kind of annoyed, but... whatever...

We finally arrived back at the mall.

"Ok. I'll pick you guys up in an hour."

"Ok, dad. See you then," Riker said.

He grabbed my arm, and pulled me inside the mall.

"Ok, so first, what's your favorite color?"

"Why?"

"Because we each have sheets that are our favorite colors."

"Oh... Um... Blue?"

Riker laughed.

"What?"

"That's my favorite color too. I have light blue sheets, so we'll get you dark blue."

"Ok."

We went into a store, and found the bedding section.

"Alright. Do these look good?"

Riker was pointing to a comforter set that had dark blue stripes. I nodded.

"Awesome. Well that was fast. Let's pay, and then we'll do something else until my dad comes back."

Riker paid for my bedding, and then we sat outside the store on a bench.

"So... What do you want to do?" Riker asked.

"I don't know..."

"Enough with the I don't knows! I'm banning you from saying that phrase."