Chapter Fourteen

The wedding was absolutely beautiful. Tall, cylindrical pillars were in rows along each side of the walkway with pastel drapes that were hung ever so delicately to them. Each table had a bouquet of roses, varying the colors of red, white, and yellow. The food was immaculate, alongside the specifically chosen wine that filled each glistening glass cup up to the brim. There were glowing lights hung around, and everything was just so white . . . and pure. And, of course, the Bride was stunning in her long, flowing dress. The Groom was very exceptional looking as well as he wore a black, fitted suit and tie.

It wasn’t long before it was time for Harry to sing, and, for some reason, he looked nervous as he fidgeted in his seat and gnawed at his fingernails. “Stop it,” Niall scolded as he batted Harry’s hand away from his mouth.

“What, you do it all the time!” Harry’s voice was defensive and a bit snappish, but Niall forgave him for it because he understood the stress he must have been under.

“So? You’re hands are too perfect to be ruined like that. Just . . . calm down, yeah? You’re going to do great.” The tense look that etched Harry’s face before washed away.

“Thank you,” Harry mumbled as he interlocked their hands together. “I love you.” He kisses him delicately on the lips. It’s the type of kiss that takes Niall’s breath away and leaves him yearning for more, but Harry pulls away once people start to look expectantly at him to get on the small stage in the center. Harry blushes and walks briskly on the tiny platform. He adjusts the microphone and taps at the top of it, only having him jolt back at the ear-piercing screech it returns back. The crowd flinches as well, but laughs and smiles at the dorky yet charming glow Harry gives off. He doesn’t even have to try, it’s so natural and effortless, and Niall really loves that about him. He couldn’t help but to smile when Harry looks over at him and winks. Then, he gives a little wave as the intro of the song starts to carry out through the room. 

Harry’s lips part—a deep, raspy voice bellowing out. His eyes flutter shut as he presses his hand gently against his stomach. He sings so beautifully; voice warm and smooth as he hits each note flawlessly. Niall was in a daze, so captivated by his voice, that he hadn’t even realize Harry was done singing until the sound of the crowd clapping filled his ears.

Hot breath suddenly hit Niall’s right ear, causing his heart to beat rapidly and goose bumps to cover every inch of his pale skin. “Did I do good?”

“Better than good,” Niall whispers back, resisting the overly strong urge to pounce on Harry right then and there. He looked so good right now; eyes wide and bright with a large grin plastered to his face. You could see the adrenaline pumping through his veins, and happiness was practically pouring out of him. “God, I can never get over the feeling of performing. Like, people cheering and clapping because of something I did is just fucking indescribable,” Harry breathes out, fingers carding through his own messy, brown curls.

Niall lurches forward and connects their lips, his fingers slightly curling as his palms rest on both side of Harry’s face. Harry melts into the kiss, arms wrapping around Niall’s waist to bring him closer.

“Oh my, erm . . . Sorry to interrupt, but I . . . uh.” The light voice trails off slowly and Harry unwillingly pulls away to look at the source it was coming from. The Bride stands before them with cheeks tinted red. Harry chuckles and throws his arm around Niall’s shoulders loosely. “Sorry about that Ma’am. You were saying?” He gives her a dazzling smile and she immediately straightens up and waves her hand dismissively. “Oh, no worries Sweetie! You two are a very cute couple by the way!” Harry nods and smirks, nudging Niall a bit and looks at him. “Here that? We’re a cute couple.” Niall giggles and cuddles closer into his touch.

“Look at that, just too sweet!” She gushes. “Anyhow, I was just going to say that I would love for you two to stay the rest of the wedding. I’d feel terrible just to have you run off after that spectacular performance of yours, Harry.”

“Well, thank you for offer, but I think we’ll have to pass. We wouldn’t want to be bother on your special day.”

“Oh, not at all! Please, do stay! You’re not one bit of a bother.” Harry smiles in return, finally giving in.

–—–—–—–—–—–—–

The rest of the time went by in a breeze. The Bride and Groom exchanged their vows, causing the rest of the people there to get teary-eyed as the soon-to-be married couple stared lovingly at each other.

“If anyone has any objections to this union, speak now or forever hold your peace.”

There was complete stillness in the room, no noise at all or words being uttered until a series of gasps were voiced. Niall’s grip tightened on Harry’s hand as they both looked frantically around to see what was happening. Neither of their eyes even landed on the gun waving around in the air, and neither of them noticed that a shot was fired until Niall crumpled over with his hand clutching at his stomach. Blood trickled down the tips of his fingers and darkness took over as he fell out of his seat and to the ground.