One Last Dance

Please, before reading, it wouldn't hurt to vote! ^^

Familiar music filled the air, and the brunette smiled, stroking the other's hair. "Love Sentence, huh?"

"I will die a fan if I have to." The other young man replied, a pink bunny in his hands. He played with the animal almost like it was a puppet, and the bunny didn't mind.

A three-headed white husky sat panting nearby, looking around with great interest.

Marco looked up, examining the setting for about the 10th time.

It was a calm meadow. Beyond that were mountains, and beyond that was the setting sun.

Marco leaned back against the dark trunk of the single tree, that sat atop one single hill in the middle of the meadow, letting the song flow into his ears.

With his head on Marco's lap, Tom the Demon King hummed to the song softly.

The brunette closed his eyes. "This place.. It really is nice."

Tom hummed in agreement, "..I don't think I've ever told you, but this is where I met Star."

"Really?"

"Yep.. You see that burnt path right there?" Tom sat up, and pointed, "I rolled in from a portal. A little girl named Star was already here.. I crashed into her."

Marco chuckled softly before feeling a pair of lips on his own, and he kissed back. It wasn't surprising, he always did this randomly after all.
Was he used to it already?

Tom hummed in approval, and leaned back. "I.. I really, really hate that I have to leave after this.."

"Right.. I almost forgot.." Marco's smile wavered.

After this moment, this one sweet moment that he wished would last forever, Tom would be leaving for the Underworld.

He was going to be crowned King, and he was going to finally do the job he was meant to do.

Marco would be going back to college, maybe get a job or two, his own place..  He was going to live a normal human life.

Star would have been here with them if it hadn't been for her coronation practice.
Marco would be attending the real one, but not Tom. Marco would miss Tom's coronation because, apparently, the Underworld was too dangerous at the moment.

So this would be the last time he would see Tom, at least for a long while.
At least until they met at a certain place, date, and time.

Star, Tom, and him. Just the three of them to hang out. And sure, maybe even Marshmallow and Three.

"Hey.."

Marco lifted his gaze to meet Tom's, and the demon smiled. "I won't leave you behind.. Alright? I promise."

The brunette hesitated, but nodded, "And I'll always be here.. I'll be here waiting."

"Okay.. Good." Tom leaned in once more, and they kissed once again.

Who knew when it would be their last?

"Okay, let's take a break." A woman sighed tiredly. "Everyone is dismissed, come back in 30 minutes. I must speak with my daughter for a moment.."

The rest of the people in the room— dress designers, maids, and other servants— nodded and left, following their queen's orders.

Once the doors closed, the queen turned to the princess with a smile.

The blonde caught her mother's eyes, and smiled back, "..What?"

"Oh nothing.. Nothing," The queen waved her hand and sniffed.