Repairs

Please, before reading, it wouldn't hurt to vote! ^^

"Lou.. can you see me?" Tom asked worriedly, kneeling beside his butler— no, his father.

His eyes began to flutter open an closed, and his mouth twitched. "Nngh... M-master..? You're—"

"No.. don't call me that... D-don't ever call me that, every again.." Tom frowned.

Lou's eyes finally stayed open, and a weak smile formed on his face. "..Tom.. You are... You are okay..."

"Y-yeah.." He smiled back before something pink and furry jumped onto him. He let out a laugh, bringing the bunny in his hands. "And Marshmallow!! Who's a good boy? Even if you almost killed yourself— but still! You protected Star!" Tom half expected an answer back, but then realized the bunny wasn't a little boy anymore. It was fine, he kind of liked him better without a voice anyway.

The bunny squeaked, jumping out of Tom's hands and onto his head of pink hair. The demon laughed again, "Alright, let's help Lou up and then find Marco and Star."

"Lou, do you think you can get up?" He turned to his father once more, and he nodded, already beginning to sit up.

Lou gave a tired groan once Tom finally lifted him to his feet, his arm around Tom for support.

"It's fine, take it easy." Tom reassured him, "One step at a time while you heal."

Meanwhile, Marco sighed, pulling his bangs back only to let them fall again.
"Star.."

"Hm?" The blonde turned, a smile on her face but Marco knew better.

"What's wrong..?" He asked, and her smile faltered, and she averted her gaze.

"..you know me too well.." She mumbled, before looking up at him again.

Four years ago her brunette friend had the same line of sight as her. She would get into all types of situations and Marco was always there to support or help her.
Now here he was. Now he looked down to her whenever they talked. After everything he'a been through, he was still the same happy, supportive Marco.

It was not only that but Tom changed inside. All thanks to Marco.

She opened her mouth to answer Marco. "I— I... I'm just wondering where Tim is.." The princess lied.

What would happen now? Of course Echo Creek was in need of repairmen and she knew Marco and Tom would be glad to help her, but what would happen after?

Tom's father, the king of the Underworld was dead. The throne was ready for the demon prince a few years early.
Was Tom willing to take his place? Was he ready to take his father's place?

Not only that, Star would still be in training to be the Queen of Mewni. What would happen of Marco?

He'd have to continue college, get a well-paid job, continue his life...
Were the three of them about to break apart that easily? Was Star willing to let go of it that easily?

No..

Star mentally shook her head.

Whatever happens, we'll never fall apart.
No matter what...I won't let us fall apart.

"..Tim.." Marco mumbled, then snapped his finger. "Right—! Tim!" And with that he ran off.

Star watched him stop to Tom before helping him hold Lou up, then turned.
It was her turn to help.