Chapter 23

Mostly everything was marching great. My community service week had passed, and now I was free to do whatever I wanted in the afternoon. That whatever I wanted turned to be planning, and thinking about the secrets left to reveal. We decided to ask for several yearbooks, this way we could study them closely from our dorms without everyone watching us. We said we need them for a project, and sometimes I go over them at lunch. We had also been avoiding trouble, we go out sometimes at night to hang out in our secret spot in the heart of the forest, but we try not to go very often. A few weeks have passed since our Imperatriz's death, Vanessa was trying to be herself again, but it was obvious she would never be the same once more. Her mother's death impacted her severely, and changed something inside of her. She's even less bitchy now, and less outgoing. Thankfully, Nick is there for her, and Sandra sometimes to cheer her up with the academy's gossip, and Leslie is always with her, too. Leslie became very attached to Vanessa, I always see them together.

Therefore, that became a problem for us. Leslie was all the time near Vanessa that we couldn't get a good chance to talk to her without Leslie knowing. Thankfully, like always, I had a plan. Kennedy would invite Vanessa to hang out with her and Lily at her dorm, a small family gathering. Leslie will definitely not come along with her, and we will get a chance to talk to Vanessa about some serious things.

I have so many questions! Who's suborning our Emperor? Why are they doing that? With what? Who would kill the Imperatriz? Why? What's going on? What do wizards outside the walls of the Imperial House Castle don't know, that the ones inside do?

Suddenly, I remembered the dream. I couldn't see anything, but I could hear everything clearly inside my mind. Now I could visualize Vanessa begging her father, begging him to let her go with him, or to stay with her. Still, there are things that don't quite fit in the puzzle, things that don't go together. That's the reason why we need to talk to Vanessa, interrogating her will give us the last pieces to the puzzle and we will be done. What I fear now, is the things we might discover. What should we do next? We will know the secrets and the answers to all our questions, but how would we solve it?

Miguel coming in the room interrupted my thoughts.

"Hey!" He said while slowly visualizing next to the dorm door. "What are you doing?"

"I'm just thinking about stuff, you know..." I falsely smiled.

"We're all a little scared, Alison. Calm down, we will finally uncover the truth today, finally be able to move on and do something," he said and sat next to me in my bed. "Everything will be fine."

"I feel this won't be good at all " I said honestly. "We really messed up and got in a whole lot of trouble. It's all me with my stupid gift."

"Well, at least you have a gift. I don't, neither Kennedy, Nataly, or Ivan," he said. "Don't feel bad about the things you see, you can't control them. Your unique, special, everything about you is different from any other wizard. Your capacity to think is wonderful, and even better to fight. Alison, you..."

He got interrupted by someone else entering the room.

"Bad moment?" Said Edward awkwardly.

"No, no, it's fine," I said. He started to appear in front of my eyes as well as Bryan and Ivan, too. They had to use invisibility spells to come here, this way nobody saw them and we didn't get in trouble.

The door opened once more, it looked like it opened by itself, you couldn't see anybody come in. Then, slowly, Nataly started to appear next to the others.

"So, where's the rest?" She said.

"Kennedy and Lily are with Vanessa, they went to get some food from the cafeteria to have tea together," I told her.