Chapter 7

Well today was the day. The competitions day.
This was something huge! Very huge at the academy. Not only was a final for our training class, it was also a type of test to see your progress with magic. Our magical combat would be seen by everyone in the academy, our professors, classmates, and some parents. We were only going to have our morning classes, and the afternoon was going to be dedicated for combats. We do this twice in the academy year. Each semester.
We start with physical combat, but many are just chatting in that moment. But when the magical combat starts...things get very intense.

"Morning family!"said my father when Edward and I entered the dinning room.

"Father?"said Edward.

"You are going to the... Academy with us?" I said.

"Yes, all the family," he said "also your sister... And..."

"No way!" Said Edward and I at the same time.

Then we just turned to see each other and smiled.

"Kids... Be nice... Probably, you won't even have to see him," said my mother.

"Well...we need to leave. See you at school," said Edward "We will be the ones fighting."

We all just laughed at that.

He was literally pushing me out of the house with him. And really, it was understandable that he didn't want me to start an argument so early.

When we were outside I said "Are you going against Josh?" I said.

"No.. I'm going against a sophomore," he said.

My jaw dropped even lower than the ground.

"What! But you are just a freshman," I said. "They are insane!"

"Calm down," he said. "There weren't enough boys. There had to be one left out... And there was also a sophomore left out. So they put a kind of good sophomore against me."

"Why you?" I said. Of all the students why him?

"Probably, because I'm the best!" he said with a big huge smile on his face. He was definitely presuming!

"Calm down boy! " I said. I was so proud of him, I couldn't had ask for a better brother.

"Good luck with that guy, you'll do great I know. Badass blood runs in your veins, always keep that in mind," I winked.

The bus picked us up. Then we got to the park, passed the portal and entered the academy. We went to our morning classes and after that headed to the field. This is action time!

"Want to know what everybody is talking about?" said Bryan.

"Of course," said Kennedy.

"Well like always everyone is curios to watch Vanessa and you. But also they're curious about ... Leslie and you..." he said that last part pointing to me.

"Great..." I said.

"You'll but that girl in her little butt don't worry," said Miguel "you are super good! I believe in you. "

Suddenly, a strange and warm feeling grew inside of me. And like always our eyes locked, we just stayed there staring at each others eyes, at our own selves. It was so weird the way we communicated so much emotions in just seconds, even though we didn't know what they meant. His eyes, those dark coffee eyes.  I forgot about everything! Just him was the only thing I thought about.

"Everybody! Take your spots! We will start soon!" Said some voice in the microphone.

Like always it started with freshmen, then sophomores, then juniors, and finally seniors.