Chapter 4

It was Monday, and we were in the bus on our way to the academy. Suddenly, I remembered I haven't told Kennedy about my visions, and I should have already so she could understand why I had my doubts about what college to go to. Yes, now I had my doubts, because my talk with my father made me think again about my options.

I had to tell them, to Kennedy, Bryan and Miguel. I was about to talk when...

"Don't tell her right now," said Bryan, whispering.

"What?" I said.

"She has enough with what happened this weekend. And you and me telling her about our abilities, knowing she hasn't developed one...well it will make her feel worse," he said.

"What happened?" I said. Too loud.

"My father decided to move to the Imperial House. You know I don't want that! I hate being so close to all the laws and political shit going on there. Being locked in the walls of a palace and being supervised all the times by bodyguards," she said.

She was yelling and crying. She was very upset, tears began to fall of her eyes and Bryan hugged her. My heart broke, I couldn't say anything and I shouldn't. She didn't need to hear any of us, she didn't need anything right now. The Imperial House was a place I have never been to, but people said it was amazing. Well, not all people. The architectural structure of the place is amazing, but the environment isn't too much. Laws, decisions, politics, imperial family members that act like jerks, and well many other things. This place is high security, no fun or distractions, always business. You don't have freedom in that place, you do something wrong or look bad and you will be judge for the rest of your life. People have too much prejudices in that place, and I can understand why Kennedy doesn't want to live there. You have to take care of your image and the one of your family.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Edward. He was sitting in a table with his group of friends. They were all laughing at some joke, except him a Lily. Her face looked sad, her pair of blue eyes only showed sadness. My brother was telling her something, while putting an arm around her. You rock bro! I thought. That's how you get to a girl, by her heart.

Finally, we got to school. The morning pass by very fast. I was walking to my locker to get my calculus book when something sunk in... Your so dumb Alison! How couldn't I notice this before? Bryan said "our abilities." He had developed an ability as well, but as me hadn't said anything. But what was it? How did he know what I was about to say? Can he guess what people will say? Of course not. Damn! Now my thoughts aren't safe near Bryan. It has to be that, it has to. Bryan can read minds.

And then I bumped into somebody. Great.

"Watch your way? Or are you blind as your boyfriend?" Said a familiar voice.

"I'm sorry, I was distracted, I was space...." I stopped, when I realized who she was, and choose for other words. "Sorry, it isn't my problem that you don't have eyes to watch your way! And what boyfriend are you talking about?" I said.

"How many boyfriends do you have?" Asked Leslie.

"None," I answered.

"Isn't the jerk of Miguel your boyfriend?" She said. "Or why did you look at me that way the other day in class?"

"No, he isn't. I did it because you deserved it," I said. Then I grabbed my stuff from the floor and kept walking.

I got to the cafeteria, but I didn't even want to get food. Then I looked at Bryan and said in my mind "Did you already tell her?"

He shook his head.

"Are you planning in telling her today, or any time soon?" I thought.

He shook his head, again.