Chapter 12

It was Monday. I got ready, had breakfast, and headed to the stop with Edward. After my small break, I felt reborn. I felt with enough energy to accomplish all the things I had to do.

"Finally, you're back to school," he teased.

"Shut it, bro," I said. "I have a lot going on."

"Hey! Take it easy," he said. "You know you count with me. Need help? Just tell me."

"Thanks. But I think the less you're involved the better," I said.

"If that girl really is...you know...a dark..wizard," he said. "What are you going to do?"

"I still don't know," I said. And really, what was the correct thing to do? "I guess, I would turn her in to the wizard authorities."

"But you need proof, you need to find out first, right?" He said.

"Yes. They won't believe me any other way," I said. "Some people already think I'm going crazy."

Like my father and my sister. They keep saying it was just a complex spell, but I'm not stupid. I'm a pretty good magic user, and know that spell wasn't normal at all. It kept me in coma for days! I need to get to the bottom of this, no matter what.

The bus arrived, and a while later we were at school. I was in my locker with Kennedy, getting my history book when...

"All students to the gym. There's a meeting in the gym, all magic users required to assist. All students to the gym," said a voice in the microphone. I bet it was Ms. Salvishkov, our principle.

We met Bryan and Miguel in our way to the gym.

"The meeting wasn't scheduled, it's a thing of last moment," said Bryan. "I'm afraid of what it's about."

"You think..." I said.

"It is you guys. It is about that," said Kennedy with nervousness. "The result was given today very early morning."

"Do you know?" I said after moments of hesitation to ask. I didn't want to know.

"No. My parents didn't tell me," she said.

We entered the gym, and sat where our other friends were. A few other seats away were our...not friends. Between them, Leslie, Vanessa, Jason, Nick and Sandra. Vanessa and Sandra had a friendship like Kennedy and me. As well, as Nick, Vanessa's boyfriend, and Jason were best friends, too. And well... Leslie was just a new addition they got. They always fought to be popular, and be the center of attention. Leslie was a special case, a girl who's father was a wizard, but she didn't know before. And recently, the girl who ALMOST kicked, Alison Ozera's, ass. It was convenient for them to add her. Nick was from the Salvishkov family, son of our principle. Jason and Sandra were just kids of wizards guardians who worked in the Imperial House. Other bunch of jerks from Imperial Families followed them, too.

"Silence!" Yelled out Mr. Vargas. "Now listen for what our principle will say."

Bryan put a hand over his face, while Miguel put one on his back. I just looked at Kennedy, "Whatever happens...we will be fine. We will stay strong together, and ..." My words got interrupted.

"Good morning, scholars, and professors," she began. "As some might know, certain proposals  had been made at congress. Some have passed like this one I'm about to talk about," all of us held our breathe. "Starting next week, all magic users enrolled in this Academy will move to our dorms. They are being conditioned to keep you all," many murmurs started. "Our Emperor thinks it's better this way. You will focus more on magic then, and not be distracted out in the world. It's more protection for us, as much from humans and from dark wizards. Many attending this school have began being more of their kind than ours. Traitors all over the place, cowards not wanting to face their origins, and lost kids using magic without discipline," she took a breathe. "This weekend you will all get ready, and bring all you need. Next Monday, you will all sleep under Mageia Academy's safe roof. And since winter break just passed, you will be able to leave until spring break."