Chapter 3

Finally, it was Friday! Kennedy and I were waking in the hall, we were heading to the cafeteria for lunch.

"I feel like I need to tell you something," said Kennedy a bit serious.

"What happened? What's going on? Are you okay ?" I said.

"It's not about me, I'm fine. It's about Lily and..." I interrupted her "... My brother Edward?" I said.

"Yes," she said.

Lily was Kennedy's young and only sister. She's the small version of Kennedy, same hair and eyes, just shorter, but their personalities are different. Kennedy has a more open mind and socializes more with people, meanwhile her sister is shy, a little quiet, and very, very smart. I bet she's smarter than Kennedy, even though she's younger. Lily and my brother were both in the same grade. They also get along very well, very well that we had always thought there's more. But neither her or my brother want to admit it.

"Don't make a big deal about it, darling. Their in love that's all," said Bryan while he tried to catch up with us.

"I agree with him," I said.

We went and got our food. They gave pizza! Sweet. Then Kennedy started conversation.

"Are you coming to the homecoming dance?" She said.

"Are you talking to me?" I said.

"No, I was talking to my water bottle," she responded.

"Is she coming?" I laughed.

"She hasn't answered yet," she said. If I kept joking she was going to get mad at me. So I just kept laughing.

Then I felt pain all over me. Like an electric shock. "Ouch!" that was all I could say.

Correction: it was an electric shock. Kennedy threw me an electric spell. "What the hell?" I told her.

"When are you answering my question?" She said with a smile on her face. The kind of smile you see in a sweet evil kid.

"I don't know. Why?" I responded.

"Just curious," she said. "How about you Miguel?" She asked. I knew where she was going.

"Probably, what I don't know is if I should bring a date?" He said.

"You sure should," she answered. "Then we can make a double date."

"I don't think you will get along with her," he said.

"What?"said Kennedy confused. I was as well. "Who are you coming with?"

"I was thinking on inviting Leslie," he frowned.

Silence fell.

For some funny reason I was ... Shocked. Well, he is free, I thought. He can do whatever he wants, and date whoever he wants.

"Dude, that's a horrible idea. You will mess things up very bad," said Bryan.

The bell rang. We all left to our class, without a word.

Today our professor said something that grabbed my attention a lot. "It all depends on the purpose for which you use magic. That determines which magic you use," He said. Nobody payed to much attention to it, and he didn't elaborate more. But I felt like there was something that I wasn't catching. Something more, something deeper, like a special meaning behind it. Or maybe it was just my imagination.

The day finally ended. When I got home I went straight to my room. I passed by the mirror and stopped.

Seeing my reflection in the mirror made me think about who I was. An ordinary teenage wizard. Who was I compared with the bitch of Leslie? She was very pretty, but how wouldn't she if she used pounds and pounds of make up on. I am tall with a skinny body, have black wavy long hair, cinnamon color skin, dark brown eyes, almost black. I only wear makeup on special occasions, and if I can avoid wearing dresses and heels I will. I'm more comfortable wearing jeans, and converse or vans. I definitely  have an obsession with them. Suddenly, someone knocked at my door.