Chapter 22

Today, I was with Leslie in the cafeteria doing our community service. Tonight, my friends and I were doing the ritual to undue the compulsion. After getting done with this, I was meeting with them in the library to look for the photograph of the Alcazar traitor.

"You're so slow," said Leslie. "While you do a small pack of dishes, I finish up with my part."

"I just like doing my job right that's all," I said in my defense.

"Yeah, right," she laughed. "Just admit you're freaking slow and you can't handle magic quickly."

"Let me remind you, I'm a light magic user; not a dark magic moron," I snapped back in my defense.

Then she threw me an air blast spell. I was immediately soaked in water and soap that fell on me. In revenge, I made the water getting out of the sink go straight to her.

"Damn stupid!" She yelled.

I just laughed.

Suddenly, we heard some steps. Someone was coming.

As an instinct, we both started to clean the mess as fast as we could. None of us wanted to spend more time together. Then the cafeteria wizard lady came in.

"What's all that noise?" She said and then looked at us. "Why are you two wet?"

"It was hot in here, so we decided to get cool," I said.

The wizard looked at me skeptically.

"They really need some air conditioning here, for sure," said Leslie.

Then the lady looked at her. She might have had her doubts about us lying, but she decided to let it go.

"Keep working, you just have a few days left," she said and went to the door. "Except you McKay, you have an extra week with us."

She left.

Leslie and I both went back to our tasks and finished. We didn't say a word to each other again, we just preferred to ignore one another and avoid trouble.

I entered the library and there was the whole gang. In the table we usually sit, they had a bunch of red books. Better said, yearbooks.

"Found something yet?" I asked when I got to them.

"Not really," said Miguel. "He has to be in our parents generation, but there's so many."

"And so many magic users, too," said Kennedy. "There were so many before."

"Did you talk to your lovely cousin?" I told Kennedy.

"No, but after the compulsion spell is undone and we find the picture, we will talk to her," she said.

"Isn't him?" Said Bryan. He was talking to Miguel and they were both looking at a photo in the yearbook.

"I'm pretty sure he is," said Miguel.

Ivan got closer and nodded. Then everyone got closer, leaving Edward and me last. We were both standing in one side, unable to face the photograph. We were the ones that didn't know how the traitor looked like. Then Edward left me and looked at the picture.

"He doesn't look that evil," said Edward.

"He wasn't back then," said Lily.

"Alison..." Said Kennedy.

I hesitated before looking at the photograph. I was afraid of what I might see, of seeing that face again, that miserable and horrible face. Those eyes were like daggers to me, they went through my soul, and I didn't want to face my fear.