devyniasdešimt septintas [full]

↑ me right now↑

《♡》

"Is something wrong?" Hoseok asked. He was sitting in his hospital bed leaning on the puffy pillow and eating sweet grapes from the glass bowl, but he stopped as he realised NamJoon was being unreasonably and unusually quiet. "Yes." NamJoon nodded. "No." He then added after a second.

"What's wrong?" Hoseok pushed the bowl to the side. "I think I'm going insane." NamJoon admitted sighing and took one grape from the bunch. Hoseok eyed his friend as he slowly chewed it, doesn't seem like he was feeling the taste. Or anything at all.

"Mind to tell me more?"

"I would... if I knew how." He made a pause. "Words seem to have lost their meaning, you know."

"NamJoonie?"

"Huh?"

"You know who's right behind that curtain?" Hoseok asked with a smirk and NamJoon frowned. Of course he knew, how could he forget that no other than Jin's brother Taehyung was behind that curtain. NamJoon heart raced for a second, was he the one that Jin told about adoption? Was he adopted? Or it was that other guy, the one who kept flirting with his sister... what's his name? Jamsout? Jimin!

He hadn't seen him in a while. It probably wasn't Taehyung. "Yeah, so what?" He wasn't really curious about the guy so he had no idea what Hoseok wanted to tell him. "So... you know that curtain is not soundproof." Hoseok rose his eyebrows, NamJoon wasn't catching on so the boy in the hospital's bed just sighed.

"Jin hyung comes to visit him." He continued, NamJoon's face was blank. "He is supposed to be helping Taehyung feel better, correct?" NamJoon nodded he still had no idea where was this going and Hoseok could tell that. "Aish, and you'd think you are smart." Patient shook his head and NamJoon gnahsed. He wasn't offended, it was just a reflex, at this point he couldn't feel any kind of emotion.

"What do you want from me horse-boy?" NamJoon took another grape. "Jin hyung is supposed to he helping his brother with his talks, but instead he just can't shut up about you." NamJoon stopped chewing, he ran to the sink and spit it out quickly pouring himself a glass of water. Hoseok was watching the show with a smirk.

NamJoon saw the expression on his friend's face. Blond haired boy wasn't sure if that's the reaction Hoseok expected or he just tried to contain the laugh within him watching this. "You okay?" He asked as NamJoon came back, he nodded.

The boy took out his phone and Hoseok politely turned his stare away. The screen was boringly empty. No new messages. But NamJoon didn't expect them anyways, he just wished for those. That's all he could do at this point. Wish and hope, cause everything else was shattered with his own two hands. He told Jin clearly that two of them are done. Yet, his hyung was all this boy though about.

"You care about him." Hoseok stated.

"So?" NamJoon shot back rudely.

"But not enough to say sorry?" Hoseok voice was kind of in some sort of agony as if he was familiar with the feeling currently storming in NamJoon's heart.

"Me?! Sorry?!" NamJoon suddenly exclaimed standing up. "He was the one to mess everything up! To mess me up! He lost my trust." NamJoon turned around with his eyes red from anger and unstoppably flowing tears. He didn't want Hoseok to see those.

"And you lost him."

Those words. They stabbed NamJoon right where it hurts. Jin lost his trust, but NamJoon lost Jin. Which loss was bigger? NamJoon held in his breath for a moment.

"He's not worth a sorry, no." He shook his head unable to see the reality through his anger. Hoseok bit his lip. He knew NamJoon can be too stubborn sometimes, whatever he says or does right now won't change younger's mind.

"Okay, then calm down and take a seat." Hoseok patted on the empty space next to him. "Tell me, how's your day going?"