Chapter Nineteen: Anything For Family.

Odell Beckham Jr.

My mind was all over the place and everything was blank. I couldn't collect none of these words in my mind. It was like a hard math problem that I couldn't solve. The room was spinning and this pounding in my head started. The words repeated over and over in my head like an echo.

I shook my head in disbelief. By now everyone eyes were on me waiting for me to speak. My mouth was dry and I wanted to punch on something. Why would this happen? One thing I know is to never question God on his abouts.

I ran my hand through my hair before sighing. I closed my eyes before taking a deep breath and started to speak but nothing came out. I was speechless. What was there to stay? Did she know she was pregnant? If so why didn't she tell me?

"When can I see her?" I finally found the words to say.

"The surgery should be almost done. It doesn't take long but about a hour or half. I'll have someone call for you." He gave us a small smile and left.

"Did she mention her being pregnant to anyone?" Her mother asked once the doctor was out of our sight.

"No." Everybody answered speaking or shaking their head.

"My poor baby is going to be crushed when she wakes up. I wish I could just make everything right for her." Her mama said shaking her leg.

"Odell how do you feel?"

"What the hell do you think? I just lost another one of my creations over bullshit, so everything's peachy." I spoke blandly.

"You don't have to be sarcastic about it. I just asked you a simple question." She rolled her eyes.

"Ok man. Whatever." I waved her off not trying to get in a fuss with this lady.

I sat down and slouched down in the chair before throwing my hoodie over my head. I threw my arm over my eyes and closed them tightly. About 10 minutes later somebody was tapping me rapidly.

"What?!" I jumped up in alert.

"The doctors are here stupid! Stop acting like a bitch for once." Paris mugged me. I sat up and focused on the Doctor letting her remark slide.

"Is she awake yet?" I got straight to the point.

"Yeah. Everything's fine. She's just not saying much and we expected that. So maybe you or another family member could see and comfort her now." He nodded his head giving us permission.

"I'll go." Paris butted in.

"Nah, I need answers from her and I need it today." The Doctor nodded and led me to the room.

"Here she is." He stated standing in front of me then moving to the side.

He opened the door slowly and I thanked him before walking in. The only sounds in the room was the monitor beeping and the tv lowly playing. Mercedes was turned sideways but looked back when I entered.

Her hair was in a messy bun and her skin was a little pale. A tissue box was sitting on her lap while she sniffed as her chest heaved up and down. I walked closer and pulled her into my arms, while she bursted out in tears.

"Shh shh. It's okay baby girl." I rubbed her back as she sobbed.

"I lost her." She whispered into my chest.

Her. We were having a girl.

"Did you know you were pregnant?" She shook her head no. "Don't lie to me Mercedes."

"I did. But I was scared to tell you." She sobbed into my shirt.

"How many months?" I sighed.

"Three going on four. Odell, baby, please don't be mad at me. I'm sorry." She gripped my shirt tightly.

"I'm not mad at you okay? I'm a little hurt that you didn't tell me. I should've followed my first mind and stayed home like I suggested." I said rubbing her back up and down.

"It's all my fault."

"Mercedes your making me fucking mad! It's not your fault. You didn't ask for that bitch to shoot you multiple times in the club." I yelled in frustration making her jump.

"Stop yelling at me Odell." She cried even more.

"You know what, fuck this." I got up and walked out slamming the door.

"She's ready for you now." I told them when I walked back.

"I need to talk to you." I told Jayden.

"Wassup?" He asked placing the blunt in between his lips as we stepped outside.

"You love your sisters?" I asked rubbing my hands together.

"What kind of question is that nigga? Hell yeah." He scrunched up his face.

"You'll do anything for them right?"

"Once again, hell yeah." He nodded his hand puffing on his blunt.

"Let's just say somebody else had something to do with this situation and she's still alive. How are you going to deal with that?" He smirked thinking of something in his head.

"Who is she?"

"Aubrey Phillips. My other baby mother of Destiny, she's in jail right now but trust me she had something to do with it."

"I gotchu in law."