Chapter Fifteen: Unknown Reason

Aubrey Phillips

"Inmate! Wake up and get to the cafeteria

"Inmate! Wake up and get to the cafeteria." The guard loudly spoke and slammed his baton on the cell. I rolled my eyes and sat up.

"I don't want that nasty ass shit. I'll rather suffer and wait until I get released than eating that food."

"Well the thing is, your nappy head ass ain't getting out no time soon so get your ass up." He opened the cell and grabbed my roughly by my arm.

I yanked my arm back and trailed behind him as we walked down the way. I could hear and see weird looks from the other lady inmates. If one of them think about touching me, I'm going to click out.

I sighed as I stood in line behind a few people. I can't stand and WONT eat this shit. It's like school lunch nobody wants that shit. A bunch of shit put together and they call it a meal.

I watched as the worker put some sloppy shit on the plate. I rolled my eyes and moved down and got my milk. I sat down at the table and the food to the side and opening my mild carton.

The empty spot that was open next to me was now occupied. I looked up and saw a brown skin girl with two braids that looked nearly done, Hazel brown eyes, and she was tatted up. I raised my eyebrows before she smiled small tapping her fingers on the table.

"Hey." She greeted waving still smiling.

"Uh hi?" I replied awkwardly.

No woman in the hellhole has spoken to me since I've been in here. Let me rephrase that, no one in this jail house has tried to communicate with me to be nice. The only ones that either talk to me wants my body in the shower and that shit is not happening.

"I'm Simone. I've been seeing you here for the past month and just wanted to know you."

"Oh. I'm Aubrey."

"What are you here for? You don't look like the girl that belongs in here no offense." She said like that hurt my feelings.

"Trying to kill my boyfriends other baby momma." I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Damn girl. Well looks can be deceiving." She laughed.

"I may look sweet and all but trust me looks can fool you. What are you in for?" I asked chugging my milk.

"Shooting my ex boyfriend forty five times." I looked at her wide eyed, "What? He cheated on me and I warned his ass that I was crazy."

"We should be friends." I laughed joking around.

"It's hard to find those in this bitch. But I'll take you offer on it. It'll take a team to survive in this." She shook her head.

"I gotchu if you got me."

"Sounds like a plan."

Odell Beckham Jr.

I sat on the sofa in the living room as I watched Mercedes beauty up a woman with her makeup skills. I rolled my eyes as I hear them talk abut relationships and all that other girly shit that I didn't care about. Our relationships don't concern other people.

"This is amazing girl foreal. Why don't you open up a shop with some bad girls who does makeup and hair?" The lady ask her as she looked in the mirror.

"I never thought about that. I just do makeup here and sometimes I go to their houses if I needed to. I don't have the money for that." Mercedes replied back.

"You seriously need to make cards and open up a makeup shop and people could make their appointments."

"I don't have the money for all of that." She laughed while the girl eyed me.

"Money? Look at who you're living with. Let me know if you change you mind because I'll definitely be there." The woman gave her money and let herself out.

"So you want a Cosmetologist salon?" I asked as she sat next to me.

"I'll love to have one. I just don't have the money for that."

"That's what you have a NFL football player boyfriend for." I copied from the lady and placed my arm around her.

"Don't do that Odell. You know I don't like when you throw your money in with my suggestions." She sighed as her phone vibrated in her hands.

"My money is your money. Just like Me casa su casa." Mercedes laughed hitting my chest.

"Jarvis wants to meet up with me." She blurted still looking down at her phone.

I raised my eyebrows before looking at the text message confirming that he wanted to meet with her. This nigga had me fucked up.

"No."

"What do you mean no?" She frowned looking up at me.

"Exactly what the fuck I said. I dont want you going no where near him with out me there." I snapped jumping up in my seat.

"It could be about their wedding! I'm over that petty shit and you should be too." She argued back making me sigh.

"I said NO."

"Alright Odell. Whatever." She mumbled more too herself and got up.

I turned my head and focused on the TV that had Bad Girls Club playing on. If he wanted to meet with anybody it should be me with his bitch ass.