Chapter Five: Mistake.

Mercedes Kelly

I rushed too Children's hospital almost thirty minutes ago, and no one seemed to tell me what was wrong with my child. They finally let us in the room five minutes ago and Chris was sleeping. His mouth slightly parted while he drooled. I laughed and took a quick picture.

Paris had come along with my mom when they heard the news so I wasn't alone. I shook my leg as I watched as Mickey Mouse Clubhouse played on television. Just reminiscing about when he stopped breathing makes me cringe every time. I hope my baby is okay.

"Chris is gonna be alright, trust me. He's strong just like his parents." Paris said and I sighed.

I need to stop thinking negative sometimes. Positive thoughts never seem to find its way in my mind.

"I hope so. I don't know what I'll do without my baby." I played with the skittle bag my mom got from the vending machine.

"Don't take this the wrong way." I looked at her, "But I helped Odell with the DNA test."

"Why the hell did you do that Paris? Why didn't you come to me when he did all of this." I snapped.

"Mercedes I swear I feel so bad about all of this. I even did the results over." I rubbed my temples from spazzing out.

Before I could speak the door opened and I assumed it was the doctor. Boy was I wrong.

"Mercedes you have a guest." I heard my mama say.

I looked up and saw Odell standing there with his hands in his pockets. He stood there for a moment before finally speaking. I cut my eyes at him showing I was annoyed at his presence.

"Is he okay?" I shook my head and huffed.

The other day Chris wasn't his son now he's concerned about his health. I don't understand this. Paris looked at Odell and made a face.

"I don't know Odell." I spoke honestly looking at Christian.

He sat down in a corner and pulled his hoodie over his head. You could tell he has been smoking because of how red his eyes were. I didn't even wanna mention smoking right now.

"Knock knock." The doctor walked in.

I sat up straight and paid attention. He put down his clipboard turning towards us.

"Chris is fine. He had an asthma attack from smoke and his lungs couldn't handle it. That's why he was short of breath. We gave him a breathing treatment, that's why he's knocked out. He can't do too much running or he'll pass out. If he's doing sports have the inhaler at all times.

Asthma may cause difficulty breathing, chest pain, cough, and wheezing. The symptoms may sometimes flare-up. Other then that he's good." I sighed in relief.

"So no smoking around him?" Odell asked the doctor shook his head.

"Any questions or concerns?" He asked before clasping his hands together. Everybody shook their head no and he left.

"Since Chris is alright I have some news. I reran the test over and-" Paris cleared her throat.

"Well, what does it say?" She pulled out the papers and held them up.

"It was a mistake. The machine was broke and messed it up. Odell, Chris is absolutely your child." Paris said.

I squeezed my eyes shut once I saw his shock expression. He tried to grab my hands but I quickly swatted them away.

"Stay away from my child. You fucked up when you let that hoe get into your stupid ass head."

"Cedes please give me another chance."

"You had your chance. Now get the hell out of my face." I yelled probably the whole hospital hearing me.

"I'm gonna get my son back whether you like it or not."

"Mhm right. We'll see who win this battle." I said walking out slamming the door.

__________________________
Should Mercedes forgive Odell and let him see Chris?