Chapter Seventeen: I Could Feel It.

Aubrey Phillips

"This smells like ass. Do they wipe their ass with their clothes?" I complained as I dropped their clothes in the washer machine.

I've been up in here for three fucking months and it's hell on earth. It's August 3rd and I've been counting since I got up in here. Days flew by but it wasn't fast enough to get me out of here. Destiny birthday is next month and I'm going to miss my baby girl growing up.

If Odell was acting right I wouldn't be in here. Trust me I have more things coming to his baby momma. Don't think I don't have connects in and out of jail.

"What's wrong baby girl?" I shook my head and wipe my eyes with my shirt sleeve.

"My only child is turning one next month and won't be there to experience it." I sat up side the wall, "Instead that bitch is going to be playing house with her. I carried her for nine months not her!" I screamed pulling at my hair.

"Aubrey, baby, calm down okay? Take a deep breath." Simone rubbed my forehead trying to ease me.

"Simone I just want my life back." I cried slouching down into her arms.

"I know, I know. Look you could just write him a letter for him to bring her to a visit." She assured me.

"He's not going to do that." I shook my head.

"Why not?"

"I just know. He's a stubborn asshole and he's not gonna let me see my baby."

"Don't you have a sister or something. They could bring her up here then." She suggested.

"I'm the only child."

"What about your parents?"

"They died in a house fire when I was a teen that's why I started stripping at the strip club." I stared blankly.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Her face dropped.

"It's not your fault. I'm over it." The door opened and my head popped up.

"Inmate you have a visitor." The guard pointed to me. My mouth dropped and I stood up.

"Are you sure it's for me?"

I was taken back because I didn't have any visitors since I've been here.

"Yes you. Now come on."

I gave Simone a look before following after him. We arrived in the room and he sat me down in front of the glass and phone. My eyes almost bulged out of my head when I saw who it was.

"Hey." She spoke.

"Hey. How'd you know I was in here?" I spoke into the phone once I retrieved it.

"I know some people. Are you okay?" I sighed shrugging.

"I'm not. I just wanna get out of here."

"Aubrey what the officers just told me I think you're not getting out of here soon." She shook her head sighing.

"I know that, fuck."

"Look, whatever you need I gotchu. We're cousins and I'll ride for you. I seen my little cousin the other day." She smiled.

"I'm about to cry. Is he raising her right?" I fanned my eyes.

"Oh hell yeah. Odell and the bitch Mercedes too." She rolled her eyes rubbing her bump. "This baby is not for Jeremy either, we're done."

"So you used him and friendly bobbed with Odell and Mercedes just to fit in." I said bringing it all in conclusion.

"I couldn't stand being friendly with that bitch Mercedes and her best friend snobbish ass hoes. They're too arrogant for me."