Chapter Nineteen

Wet hair clings to my back as I wrangle a hairbrush through my brown hair

Wet hair clings to my back as I wrangle a hairbrush through my brown hair. The bristles get caught in the knots, causing me to sigh with dismay. I toss the brush into the sink and glare at my hair.

"Come on, what's wrong with you today?" I glance into the mirror and tilt my head to the side – does this apply to my hair or myself?

Shaking my head, I take the brush out of the sink and continue yanking it through my hair. Once enough of my hair has been ripped from my skull and the tangles are gone, I wrap my hair into a bun and tie it into place.

I wander out of the bathroom and frown at Blake.

"You can't take the furniture outside. If they wanted us to eat outside, there would be a deck with suitable furniture."

"It's not bolted to the ground, so I can take this outside if I want to. We are paying customers after all."

"Whatever, you're going to do what you want." I shake my head.

"You'll thank me once you get to eat in front of the view."

"Yeah, you're probably right." I nod.

Blake opens the front door and maneuvers the small square table outside. He disappears to the right but shortly re-appears for the chairs.

"Why aren't you dressed? The food is going to be here soon." He frowns. "I like the towel look but I don't think it's a practical look."

"I'm still deciding on what I should wear since you're not giving any hints. Maybe you should pick my outfit for me?"

Blake races over to my suitcase and plucks a couple of items from it. They're tossed onto the bed before he races to the door.

"Hurry up, I think I saw someone bringing the food."

As Blake slides out the door, I wander over to the bed and frown. My bathers, a pair of jean shorts and a dark grey shirt are scattered across the end of the bed.

Swimming sounds nice – one can't go too wrong there.

I slip my clothing on and head outside. The air is slightly nippy but the sight of the view in addition to the food waiting for me brings a delightful warmth to me.

"I think we're missing something," Blake comments from his seat.

"And what would that be?" I walk around the table and take a seat opposite from him.

"The part where you say, 'you were right and you're the best' or something along those lines." He proudly smirks.

"Because I love you, you're amazing and I guess you were right. No, I'm not taking the 'guess' out because your ego is already too inflamed. Now, what's for breakfast?"

Blake pouts but I ignore his facial expression – I don't feel guilty about what I've said.

"This is the morning special, apparently amazing. I'm not sure, I thought expensive was better and perhaps a little different to everything else. I'm sort of regretting it now."