Chapter 9

Rose's POV

The moment that those words left Clint's mouth I felt a sense of almost peace in the embrace, it didn't matter that Phil had died, he had died doing what he loved most, helping people. He died a happy man, and as much as I'll miss him, I can't change what happened. I could feel the moisture fall down my cheeks as a ghost of a smile crept onto my lips.

I opened my closed eyes to see Tasha smiling at the scene in front of her, I lifted one arm up off Clint's back a gestured her to come. The smile on her face vanished as her eyes widened, before her expression softened again and she walked closer. Clint obviously hearing her come closer and knowing what I wanted, took one arm off me and embraced Tasha as I put my arm around her as well. Here we were, a very much, broken, dysfunctional and damaged group, but we were family.

We all jump out of the embrace as we hear someone clearing their throat. "Sorry to interrupt." Steve says. "But it's time to go."

"Go where?" Tasha adds, stepping forward as she does so.

"I'll explain on the way, can you fly one of those jets?" He asked, mainly to Tasha not me.

"I can," Clint says, stepping beside Tasha, and most likely into Steve's view. Steve gave a small glance at Tasha, I think asking her if we can trust him, and she gave a small nod in reply.

"You got a suit?" He asked, Turing back to Clint.

"Yeah."

"Then suit up." He says before walking out the door, obviously getting ready for where ever the hell we're going.

I ran out of the room to mine since it was just down the hall, and I didn't have my suit with me. Once I came into the room I ran to the back wall before pressing a button underneath my bedside table causing a portion of the back wall to fold back revealing a black and turquoise cat suit. The suit was much like Tasha's, but with a belt hanging off my hips containing my throwing knives and sedatives. And yes, I do know the wall thing is cliche, you'll have to talk to Nick about that one.

I yanked the suit off the stand and striped before quickly putting it on, at least my room he a lock on it. I turned back to the cupboard to grab my belt, clipping it onto my hips. I then went into a small box on the ground and grabbed the wrist gun thingys, I don't know what Nick said they were, but the same things as Tasha has.

I came bolting out of my room to see everyone ready to go, so I stood beside Tasha and Clint. We begin walking towards a jet, but are 'stopped' in our tracks from a man. "Hey! You guys aren't authorised to be in he-" he begun.

"Son," Steve said cutting him off, "just don't." I had to hold in a chuckle as he ran out of the jet, I assume knowing who we ar- who most of us are.

Tasha and Clint go up the front to take the pilot and co-pilot seats, I take the seat closest to the front in the back, and I'll tell you, I'm keeping a close eye on Clint, I'm not loosing him as well.

"So, where are we going?" Tasha asks, yeah, the pilot knowing the destination, that's a smart idea.

"Head for Stark tower," Steve ordered. Tasha nodded and took the controls.

"Speaking of Stark, where is he?" I asked out loud, and got a few strange looks.

"He's gone ahead." Steve said, the rest of the trip was quiet, not that I mind, it was just that I kinda didn't want it to be quiet. Then again, we are all going into a war we may not return from, what else is there to talk about.