Chapter 1

By the way, bold and in 'these' when in the story means it's sign language.

One year later
----------------------------
Black Rose's POV
--------------------------------

I followed Nick through the halls, I didn't really know why he was offering me a place on this team of his, but at the same time I was grateful for him accepting me. I looked up at him as he opened the door for me and stood aside. As I saw all the people in the room looking at me I pulled my hood further over my head before pulling my dress further down, I looked at them all wearily not sure if I could trust them like I trusted Nick. My nerves dissipated slightly as I caught the familiar face of Tasha, at least I would know someone.

My head jolted to the side as Nick cleared his throat getting ready to introduce me. "Avengers, this is Black Rose, or her real name Rose and she will be your new team mate, thought you guys could use a little help."

I could feel all the confused gazes on me but I kept my eyes fixed on my black boots, I could feel my breathing become unsteady and my hand instinctively lifted up and grabbed the black and gold rose around my neck and rubbing the surface of it, my nerves seemed to dissipate after that action. I swallowed the lump in my throat and lifted my head up as I brushed my black and turquoise bangs out of my face to reveal my bright bluey-green eyes, I made a few seconds of eye contact with each of the people in front of me.

The man that seemed to be very intelligent, was the first to speak. "How old it she exactly? She seems a bit young to be joining the team."

"She's 15." He said simply, but all the eyes in the room, minus the S.H.E.I.L.D agent that I had met in the past, widened in shock.

Tasha was the next to speak. "Nice to see you again Ro." She gave me a small smile.

'You to Tasha.' I signed to her, but didn't smile, I almost never do. The other eyes in the room looked between the two of us confused, obviously wondering how I knew her and also probably why I was was joining the team and of course signing not talking.

"Well agent Romanoff, I'll leave you to handle the introductions since you know agent Rose already." He then walked out the door. My eyes followed him before he shut the door a throat clearing brought my attention back to the group of people in front of me.

"Well I'm Steve Rogers also known as Captain America ma'am." The blond haired man with bright blue eyes said, and put his man out for me. I looked at it before tilting my head on the side, I shot Tasha a questioning gaze.

"You put you hand in his and shake it up and down." She smiled at me, I raised my eyebrow at her. "It's a form of greeting." She said, realisation crossed my face and I did as she asked. Cap gave me one more odd look before stepping back. What, I'm still new to the whole people thing.

The next one to walk forward was a dark haired man, and I could just see the knowledge and kindness in his eyes as well as something else, anger? I blinked a few times. "Bruce Banner." He gave me a warm smile.

I gave a concerned look at Tasha. 'Why does he seem so angry yet so calm?' I signed to her as I furrowed my eyebrows together.

She gave a small laugh, "he's a gamma expert and you could say a similar thing happened to him as to you and he now has an alter ego called the hulk, and he is released in anger." My eyes widened at her statement.

"What did she ask you?" Cap said as he turned to Tasha.

"She asked why Bruce seemed so calm yet angry at the same time."

"Quite some observation skills you have their ma'am." Cap smiled at me. "What did you mean a similar thing that happened to Bruce?" My eyes widened at Steve's statement.

I gave a look to Tasha almost begging her to not tell them. "Sorry kid, but were gonna need to tell them." Tasha gave me a sad look.

I sighed as I looked at the ground, contemplating what was going to happen, I looked back up at the woman that was a sisterly figure. 'Do I have to show them?'

"Eventually would be best, but I guess you can wait till you trust them." She smiled at me. I gave a small nod telling them to continue. "Well she was found around 4 months ago by S.H.E.I.L.D wondering around the streets, well I found her to be exact, and she took me on. After I convinced her that I wasn't trying to hurt her I took her to S.H.E.I.L.D because her skill was quite impressive, once she came we found out that she had been kidnapped and experimented on since a young age, and we believe due to the side effects they were trying to recreate Captain America, again." She paused for a bit to let everyone take it in.

"Were there side effects?" Bruce asked, obviously wondering if it was as bad as his. "Does she have an alter ego to?"

"Yes and kind of." He said calmly. "And it is up to her when she want to show you, but I can tell you that they thought the secret to the serum might have something to do with different DNA and they came a little closer to cap because she did come out the same but obviously not perfect." They all seemed to give me an apologetic look, and I glared back at them, I hate pity.

"So why doesn't she talk?" Cap asked simply, after stewing over how to word it.

"No clue." Tasha answered, I guess I never told them, I wonder if I will.

"Okay can she talk?" Bruce asked.

"Yes, she has talked before but when she does she panics, so we can assume that she has been threatened for punishment if she talks, and still feels in danger." A, not quite, B, IM RIGHT HERE.

"Hey, why doesn't Fury call her by her last name like the rest of us?" He gave me a sceptical look.

"Well that ones simple, she can't remember her last name, and we couldn't find her face in the data base, okay rephrase that we could find her in the data base but all information had been wiped, so no one wanted her found."

"Well, we don't have to worry about filling her in on the tesseract because Fury already has. So sorry Ro, but I guess if they want it's a little bit more of question time." She gave me a smirk as I mock glared at her.

'What do they want to know, that doesn't have anything to do with my differences?' At least I have a home now, I thought to myself and I actually smiled at them, Tasha was shocked at first before she smiled at well. Please don't let this end.

Okay so how was that, please tell me what you think
~Suni out~