Chapter 7

Listen to the music, I thought it goes pretty well with the chap.

Rose's POV

I woke up to a stinging pain in my neck, but also the loss of satisfaction to move and soothe it. I could feel the cold from the steel through the sheets underneath me, and the itchiness of the small woollen blanket on top of me, leaving my shoulders and feet sticking out in the chilled air. My ears perked up at the noise in what I assume was the room across from me, as I concentrated, the mumbling soon became words.

"- Coulsons jacket." I hear a deep voice say, not quite recognising the familiar voice, nor knowing the reason they are talking about Phil's jacket. "Guess he never did get you to sign them," the voice continued as something that sounded like slightly wet paper was thrown onto a table.  Paper, sign them, oh Cap'n's trading cards. But guess he never did get you to Si- no no no no no, he can't be dead, can't be. I realised that I was no longer paying attention to the conversation and decided to listen in more, still unable to move. "Banner, Thor, I got nothing for you." Well I know the voice is Fury's now, that means he's talking to those he wants in the Avengers initiative, or what's left of them, he did seem to imply that Bruce and Thor are gone, hopefully just M.I.A not, not dead.

I tried to move again, this time slightly succeeding although the movement also resulting in an extreme pain in the back of my neck, something is definitely  wrong. I pushed past the pain and begun to pull myself into a sitting position. All the while, still listening to Fury talk. "Yes, we were going to build an Arsenal for the tesseract," Fury admits. How could he keep that from us? I push me legs over the edge before stopping to listen in more. I stood up off the bed as I noticed the conversation had stopped for the time being, I try to balance on my wobbly legs, my mind seeming to find it hard to command my legs to do a simple action as stand.

"I never put all my chips on that number though, since I was playing something even riskier." Fury stops speaking for a moment, I take that opportunity to try and walk, succeeding a few steps before a voice is once again heard. "There was an idea, Stark and Rose know about this, it was called the avengers initiative," I took a few more steps, before griping onto the door for balance. "The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people. See if they could become something more, see if they could work together to fight the battles that we never could." I walk out the door into the hallway, using the wall for support, step by step my muscles are remembering how to walk, the pain slowly going away. "Phil Coulson died believing in that idea, and heros." So he really is dead. My vision begun to go blurry with tears, as I remembered my first meeting with one of my father like figures.

I stay hiding behind the table not daring to come out. "Come on sweetie, I'm not going to hurt you, none of us will." The voice, although comforting, could not be trusted, who knows who this man could possibly be, for all I know he will want to take me back to... That place.

"Come on sweetheart, we just want to see your face, come out from under the table and we'll go from there." The voice was so convincing, so sincere. I slowly came out from under the table, shocked that none of them had just come under and grabbed me. I stayed in the shadows due to the fact the redhead I had fought had taken my hood of during the fight. "Do you think you can step into the light so we can see you sweetheart?" He asked, his voice again so kind. I shook my head as fast as I could, seeing the redhead sigh in frustration. A man with blonde-brunette hair and a bow in his hand beside her, the one on the aircraft she came in, watching me with what seemed to be understanding and pity. The man that had been talking to me the whole time just had a sullen expression, his face looking completely broken from my lack of trust. "Please," he whispered as low as he could, still looking me in the eye, no one but I could hear it, and the guilt over took me. I gave my hair a small unnoticeable tease, hiding my cat ears, before walking into the light, my fringe covering my unusual coloured eyes.

"There we go that wasn't so hard was it?" I didn't move an inch. "Well, can you tell us your name?" I shook my head 'no'.

"Why not?" The redhead questioned, quite sourly. I took a step back in response.

"Come on Natasha, give the girl a break, we don't know what she has been through or why she was on the streets, why she has the ability of fighting she does." He turned back to me, "why can't you tell us your name?"

I shrugged my shoulders in response, and a confused look came across his face, "do you know your name?" He asked this time. I held my gloved had out in front of me, tilting it from side to side signalling I 'sort of' did.

"What's that supposed to mean?" The redhead asked.

"I don't know." The man responded. I begun to lift my hands towards my neck, I saw the redheads hand move towards the gun attached to her hip, but I never moved in response. I unclasped my necklace from my neck, flipping the black and gold rose over to show the engraving on the back, the three of them read it before looking back at me.

"Is this the only clue you have to your really name?" The man with the bow asked, and I nodded my head. "Do you know why you can't remember?" I shook my head 'no' "do you know your age? Then we might be able to find you in our data bases."

I put the necklace back on before looking down at my hands. "I think I'm 15." I said, I looked up to see the smile creep onto the mans face, almost never leaving it again.

I hear a loud screech of a chair dragging across the ground before seeing Stark walk out of the room, "well, it is an old fashioned assumption," I turn to the voice to see Fury shrug.

"Phil, I promise to always protect you, I may be younger, but I can't loose someone I love." I say to the man in front of me, the first to trust me, and the first for me to trust. He turns in shock at hearing my voice again.

"Well, it's still my job to protect you, so don't go kill yourself for me. But promise me one thing, when I throw in the towel, don't cry for me." He smiled down at me.

"I promise." I responded, a sad yet determined expression on my voice visible in the reflection of the glass window.

I could feel the single tear fall down my face, "I'm sorry Phil, dad, I broke my promise." My voice cracks as I wipe the single tear, only for hundreds more to replace it as my back slides down the steel wall my body sinking to the floor in a ball that is shaking with the sobs raking my body. "I'm so sorry, I couldn't keep either of my promises." I say no more as I stay on the cold ground, my shaking body not able to rest.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~___~~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~~_~_~_~_~_~_~~___

I wanna say sorry for it taking so long, but.

Don't take this the wrong way.

I'm not really sorry, cause I just had too much going on,
I've let you in on a little more of her past, so I hope that makes up for it.

I hope there won't be as long of a Gap between the next chapters.

And MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!

~Suni out~ 😋😊🌞🤓