Two

"So what's up with Spock, huh?" Jim leaned back and rested his feet on the desk. Leonard looked up and glared when he saw the boots on top of his work.

"Get off my desk or I'll hypo you into next year." Leonard threatened, and Jim removed his feet with a sigh.

"I think his bad temper might have spread to you." Jim joked, but Leonard only rolled his eyes. "Hey, everyone seemed to have enjoyed that one night in the observation deck. Only you and Spock seem to be sour after it. You guys get into another fight or something?" Leonard chuckled dishearteningly.

"Hell if I know, Jim. I don't remember anything after Chekov karate chopping Scotty in the schnoz." He half-smiled at that. Scotty was pissed.

"Yeah," Jim started laughing. "Didn't he say something like 'you better get yer wee head ou' of yer arse before I roundhouse kick ye outta here'?" Leonard snickered at that.

"Yeah, something like that." He said, looking at a monitor to see if he had gotten any emails from Joanna. God was he happy that the ex-wife finally let her start emailing him at least. Even though emails were so late 20th century. There were no messages from her yet, though, so he sighed and closed it out.

"Yeah, anyway, I'll leave you to your work." Jim stood up and stretched, and Leonard watched him.

"Take it easy, alright? And get some exercise in before I make you start runnin' laps round my sickbay." Leonard ordered, and Jim rolled his eyes.

"Yeah yeah, bye Bones." Jim left his office, and sighed. He didn't even have any work left, but he couldn't bring himself to move. He started feeling really strange. Well, he started feeling strange right when he woke up a few days ago, but he had blamed it on the hangover. But now it was a different strange. He hoped to dear God that he wasn't getting sick with something so early on in the mission. He was usually in tiptop shape for his age.

Deciding that nothing was left for him here, he stood up and walked back out into Sickbay to see how everything was going. A couple ensigns were being treated, as well as a poor redshirt. Leonard always felt bad for those guys. Redshirts always had the worst of luck. After walking around a bit, he finally spotted the lovely Christine Chapel and went over to her. She was organizing medications, so he helped her.

"How's it going, Christine? Haven't had the time to chat since lift off." Leonard said, and Christine smiled at him.

"It's going pretty good, except for a few people who 'spontaneously' got sick right after we left." She said, making Leonard growl.

"Damn it, don't they know that they're supposed to be healthy before they get on this goddamn ship? We can't afford an epidemic so early on in the game!" He complained, and Christine smiled and shook her head.

"It's alright, Leonard. Just small common colds." Christine said, and Leonard grunted. He didn't mention how threatening the Terran common colds could be to other species that are aboard the ship. He just continued helping her, all but stalling a certain question.

"Hey, Christine," Leonard said, putting away the last segment of meds. "How about we head to the Ten-Forward after we're done here? Just for a couple drinks on me." She smiled at him again. He liked that about her- she was always smiling, even when it got difficult. She was optimistic, and kind, and strong. Everything he liked in a woman.

"Leonard, I..." He's heard this before, so he waited for the rejection. "I'd love to." He smiled back at her. Leonard had a feeling that this was going to be a good five years.

Jim knocked tentatively on Spock's door. He rocked back and forth on his heels and wondered how he was going to tackle this. He knew that Spock wouldn't respond to begging, so he was going to have to be dominate him. Yeah, he would have to dominate Spock. In every sense of the word. Well, maybe not EVERY-