17- Cowardly Lion

Începe de la început

  "I'm just trying to be helpful," I said giving him a cheeky smile.

  As Justin started doing his magic Nate and I began to search through the diaries to see if there was any more useful information. I sneezed here and there Nate and Justin both saying 'bless you' routinely.

  When I had read a particular upset diary entry from my dad about how this person ruined his life for the hundredth time, Justin received a call from his phone.

I know there is something wrong with me. I'm willing to admit that to myself now. No one in this world is perfect, except for him. That'll all end soon. Want to know why?

"Guys!!!" Justin yelled before I got to read the rest of the sad, pathetic diary entry.

  "You may want to here this," he said putting the phone on speaker.

  Both Nate and I walked towards the phone where I could hear raffling on the other line.

  "Hello?" Nate said confusingly.

  "Nate! Help me! Please help me! I'm scared, I'm so scared and I don't know what to do!!!"

  That voice, it sounded like Jessica. They caught her! Nate soon realized this because he grabbed the phone in anger trying to yell to her back.

  "Jessica, where the hell do they have you? Are you okay!?!"

  "Nate I-"

Jessica was soon cut off and a voice I never wanted to hear again spoke on the speaker.

  "You all have something that I want," said my dad on the phone. Everyone stopped on their tracks, all breaths being held in. "My daughter. Bring her to the address that has just been sent to this phone. Give me what I want, and get what you want back. Oh and I suggest you hurry. Jessica is it? Isn't feeling so good." In the distant we could hear a sharp piercing scream.

  "You son of a bitc-"

  "Tick tock"

With that he ended the phone call leaving me speechless. Nate took the phone and slammed on the floor. The phone then ringed with a text message of the address. Now was the awkward part: save me or Jessica

  "There's gotta be a way for us-"

  "Let's go," I said interrupting Justin from one of his plans.

  "No way, Bea we're not just going to hand you to them," Nate said not up for discussion.

  "Why!?! He's just going to hit me again. Jessica may not be used to it, by I am. I've lived this long I can do it again. All of you were not suppose to be apart of this anyways. It's all for the better," I said calming down, a single tear slipped from my eyes and fell to the floor. I shook it off and started to walk towards the door.

  "No!" Surprisingly yelled Justin. He got up from the floor and stepped closer to me. "Listen to me Bea, I never got to know you and now that I have I regret everything that  happened. Nate leaving you wasn't  only Nate's fault. It was my brother's, it was mine, it was Jessica we all had something to do with it."

  "I always saw you in the halls though, with no one by your side and I always wanted to talk to you, but my brother was so mean, so cruel, so instead I became a cowardly lion, and ignored you. Yeah I never bugged you, but I stood their and let them do that to you. That was so wrong of me.

  I guess what I'm trying to get at," he said laughing, while he scratched the back of his neck, "You're apart of this group now. We all care about you. I don't know so much about Jessica, but we do. I'm not going to stand here and watch you in pain again as I live my luxurious life. There has to be another way to save the both of you. No more cowardly lion, Bea. No more taking the easy way out."

He exhaled relief flashing through his bright green eyes as if he had been holding those words his entire life. He smiled at me taking my hand in his to give me one last reassuring smile. Leave it to Justin to make me smile back.

  "Okay. No more cowardly Lion."

          __________________________

Yoo I'm back. Sorry for the late updates. Even though testing is coming around for me I'm hoping to still update since the book is getting to its climax. Hope you like this chapter.

HOW ARE NATE AND BEAS FEELINGS FOR EACH OTHER NOW?

HOW ARE THEY GOING TO SAVE BOTH BEA AND JESSICA?

AND WHAT THE HECK WAS THE ENDING OF THAT LETTER?

FIGURE IT ALL OUT ON THE NEXT UPDATE OF 'IM JUST TOO NICE'