Chapter 2 "Friends"

-Carl's POV-
After breakfast I go out for a walk for some fresh air. It was a cold day and no sign of sun anywhere. At the moment we live in a small village that is barricaded by metal fences to keeps the walkers out but it can't hold them out forever...can it? Although it does a good job keeping them out, it alwaysreminds me of all the creatures that lurk out there that want to munch on our flesh. It's gross but true. I walk down the road for a while until I come to a stop at Enid's house. I could go and say hello. Enid is my best friend (well my only friend). Being the same age is good because we have a few things in common. We are only friends but we do have a history. we use to date but I said we couldn't date anymore because I didn't want to get to attached to her incase...well you know what. I nock on the door and wait and wait and wait. I was just about to go when I heard the door open. I turned around to see Enid standing there. She is quite pretty. She had brown soft hair and hazel eyes, she isn't a girly girl at all. "Hey Carl! You okay?" She said with a grin."Hi Enid I just...err...I came to get that comic I let you borrow." I said trying to come up with an excuse of why I wanted to see her. Sometimes I like her company sometimes I don't. Today I do! "Oh yes! The comic was amazing! Come in." She said gesturing me to go inside. I followed her up stares and into her bedroom. Her room is like mine. Just bookshelves, a bed and a tv but the tv doesn't work unfortunately. I sat on her bed and waited while she looked for the comic. "Hmm...where did I put it?" She said mumbling to herself. "AH HA! Found it" she turned to me with the comic in her hand and gave it to me. "Thanks! Well I better be going now, my dad will be wondering where I am." I said getting up. "Oh okay, will you be coming tomorrow or the day after that?" Sometimes I think she enjoys my company to. I feel sorry for her because he was on her own for a long time during the start of the apocalypse. We walk down the stairs and to the front door. She opens it and looks at me. I look back at her. silence. "We'll...see you soon." I said "yeh...see ya." She looked me right in the eye. Suddenly she was getting closer and closer to me. our lips where just about to meet when I turned my head away. She stopped and looked disappointed and sad. "Enid we have talked about this, I want us to be close but just as friends. I don't want to lose you but..." "Yes I know you don't want to lose my but...please Carl I miss you! We can be together! just us two against the world! I can protect myself and you ca..." "ENID!" I shouted. I regretted it straight away. She looked as if she was going to cry. "Goodbye Carl." She said quietly looking down at the floor. I walked away without another word and didn't look back. I heard the door slam. I was just about to go back and apologise but it was for the best. I hope she understands. I hope we can be friends again.
--------------------------------------------
Authors note:
Hello! Hope you enjoy this part! Now don't get me wrong I love Enid and I love Enid and Carl but in this story I don't want Carl and Enid together but you will see why. Thanks for reading🌞