Chapter 10. Crazy b*tch!

~Six weeks later~
[Rapunzel]

My mom had sort of accepted the fact that I was slightly sliding off her strict rails. Jack and I had been together for about seven weeks now. seven very blissful weeks.

I was hoping that he'd forgotten all about the party...incident, by now. 

"Mom, I'm heading out to the mall with Merida, I'll see you later." I smiled at her as I tugged on my sandals. 

"O-OK." She replied reluctantly. Quickly, before she could object to any of my plans, I grabbed my bag and ran out of the house. 

Out on the road, Merida was waiting in her little red Ford Fiesta. This was the first time in weeks we had properly hung out and I think she wanted me to fill her in on what Jack and I had been up too. 

"Alright lass, where did you and Frostidiot disappear off too when we got home after the party?" Merida interrogated as we drove along. Heat rose in my cheeks as I remembered that night. Nothing happened that night...nothing like that anyway!

"He showed me where he likes to de-stress-"

"HIS BEDROOM?!" Merida cried.

"No." I snapped. She burst out laughing but soon shut up when I shot her a glare. "A balcony in his attic,we gazed at the moon for a while and he then told me about a story Emma used to talk about a lot." I explained. 

"Interesting." Merida hummed. "What was this story?" 

I began to explain the whole Sun and Moon story to Merida and once I was finished, her face scrunched up in confusion. 

"Why would he tell ye tha?" Merida muttered. 

"I don't know and I've been trying to figure out over these past few weeks to see if he had a meaning behind the reason for telling me or maybe the moment just made him think of it." I sighed in defeat. There probably was no meaning...

Soon we arrived at the mall and the first place Merida wanted to go was the food court. 

---

[Jack] 

It felt weird spending some time away from Punzel. Hiccup was busy today so I couldn't hang out with him and Emma was in one of her 'I'm thirteen now, get the f*ck out of my room, I hate you, I hate everyone, hand me the Nutella' moods. Which was fair enough. 

I started my day ridiculously early and went for a jog in the fresh morning air. Afterward I picked up a to-go breakfast for Emma and I from McDonald's which kinda defeated the point of going for a run but oh well. At home, I shoved some food into Emma's room to appease the pubescent beast, before going out into the garden and lounging by the pool. The sun was beating down and all I wanted was for Rapunzel to be here so we could hang out together. God I'm so attached. 

Just after lunch there was a loud knock at the front door, the housekeeper Adriana, informed me and I jumped up to go and see who it was. 

"Hey Jacky!" Elsa smirked at me. What the hell? 

"What are you doing here?" I growled at her. She pouted as she stepped past me. "I'm serious!" 

"Oh Jack! I've missed you so much! I just needed to come and see you." She croaked pathetically. I was not about to fall for her shit acting. 

"No. Tell me why you're here Elsa." 

She sighed eventually before explaining why the hell she was in my house. "Hans has seen what you did to Flynn." She muttered darkly. Suddenly, I could just feel the colour draining from my face. 

"So?" I grumbled. Elsa placed her hand on her hip and gave me a knowing look. 

"Jack, don't pretend you don't know what this means. Hans is gonna come after you, he always has his guy's backs." Elsa spat. "He clearly doesn't have yours anymore..." With that Elsa walked out, her heels clicking on the path down the driveway. 

"WHATEVER YOU CRAZY BITCH!" I yelled after her. Deep down I knew she was right though. Hans had the biggest gang in town and they got up to all sorts and it just so happened that my old group used to be his associates.

"Hans, listen-" Hiccup was suddenly cut off. 

"NO! You listen to me. Two of my best f*cking men and you've let me down. You failed to get the package to Al and you endangered the rest of our operation!" Hans boomed. Hiccup and I faced him, our heads bowed. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted Elsa, a tear trickled down her flushed cheek as she watched Hans scream at us. 

"It was an honest mistake. Would you have preferred us to get caught and killed?!" I spoke up. Hans' eyes darted to me, he raised his hand and smacked me around the face. The impact was so hard it sent me to the floor. 

"Hans, please stop!" Elsa whispered nervously. 

"ENOUGH!" Hans shrieked. "Get out before I kill you myself..." He sneered. Hiccup helped me up and we wandered out of his warehouse, our heads low in shame. 

That was two years ago...

And the party was the first time I had seen him since then. What on earth had we gotten into? It was slightly crushing to think that Flynn and Elsa were still tangled up in this crappy business. I wanted to keep Punzel away from all of this as much as possible but I could already see that this was going to be difficult. Especially after that party. 

For the rest of my day those spiraling thoughts troubled my mind and it got a shit ton worse when Hiccup stormed in and held up his phone to my face. 

"What?!" Was all he could say. I read the text that he was showing me on his phone. It was from an unknown number. 

"If you want your girls to live to see another day, you'll be sensible enough to bring yourselves forward for the punishment you deserve." I read aloud. "Shit." I cursed under my breath.

"Is this Hans?!" Hiccup yelled. I nodded sheepishly in response. "Jack we have to get them, you and I both know what he's like and he'll do exactly as he says." Hiccup rambled worriedly. 

"I know Hicc..." I trailed off. "This is all my fault. Hans is still pissed about what happened two years ago and now he has an excuse to hurt us for it." 

"Hurt us?! Jack he's gonna kill us! He has been waiting for this day and now we are the ones who are going to suffer all because one of HIS retarded henchmen tried to assault YOUR girlfriend." Hiccup was raging and I could understand why, Merida was in danger too. 

"First of all, we need to make sure he hasn't actually got them. I'll call Rapunzel." I said as calmly as possible. I dialed her number on my phone and almost straight away she picked up. 

"Hey Jack!" She chirped happily. 

"Are you at home?" I said seriously. 

"Yeah..." I heard her mutter. 

"Is Merida with you?" I asked. 

"Um yeah? What's going on?" She asked, she sounded beyond confused. 

"Hicc and I will be over in five." With that I hung up and turned to Hiccup. "Let's go." 

____

Dammmmnnn! Things are getting serious! 

Sorry if you are uncomfortable with all the swearing in this story, I don't usually make the character swear in my stories but I feel as if it fits the plot. 

Anyway, thank you for reading and I'll see you in the next chapter! :) 

-Lauren