Chapter 3. Just keep breathing.

[Punzie]

It was safe to say, Jack had been on my mind all night long, I barely got a wink of sleep. After about ten minutes lying in bed and contemplating life, I rolled out of bed and began to get ready for school. Today was Friday. I brushed through my long hair before getting dressed in a light pink flowy dress and white pumps.

When I got downstairs, my mom had made us a small stack of pancakes each and set out some syrup.

"Thanks mom." I smiled. Quickly, I pecked her on the cheek before sitting down to eat.

"So how is the music going my flower?" My mom asked once we had finished.

"OK I guess, I've finished the composition and the lyrics are nearly complete." I explained. I could tell that my mom wasn't really listening. She isn't really interested in my school work.

"Wonderful!" She chirped. We didn't really talk much after that, I helped her to tidy away to dishes before grabbing school bag and rushing out of the door.

---

My first lesson was chemistry with Mr North, a large and very loud Russian man.

"Good morning class!" He boomed happily as we all sat in our seats. Hiccup plopped down next to me and slapped his books on the table.

"Morning." He mumbled to me.

"Morning, are you alright? You seem down." I questioned curiously. Usually, Hiccup enjoys chemistry more than anyone but today, he looked as if he'd enjoy being hit by a car more.

"I don't know, Merida and I had an argument on the way to school." He mumbled unhappily.

"Aww Hicc.." I patted him sympathetically. "I'm sure you and Merida can work through this. You're Mericcup after all." I grinned. He chuckled half heatedly.

"Yeah." He sighed.

The rest of the lesson flew by and just as I was leaving I noticed Jack waiting outside of the classroom. He was probably waiting for Hiccup.

"Hey Punzie." Jack smiled as I walked past.

"Hi." I replied simply. A mild look of confusion washed over his face but I walked away before we could interact even more.

---

[Jack]

She might have well have ignored me. I continued to watch her until she had disappeared from sight.

"Hey buddy." Hiccup greeted as he left the classroom.

"Hey Hiccup." I replied.

"Jack?" Hiccup waved his hand in front of my face, snapping me out of my daze.

"Sorry bro, let's get going." I said. We walked to art, chatting normally until I passed the rest of our group: Elsa, Kristoff, Flynn and Anna. What caught my attention though was the person they were surrounding.

"Spit it out whore!" Elsa snapped. She and Flynn had cornered this person and were shouting at them, behind, Anna and Kristoff looked worried.

"I haven't got anything to say!" I heard a familiar voice whimper.

"Rapunzel?" I breathed in disbelief. There she was, her books held close the her chin as if they were armor, quivering in fright.

"Please stop!" She yelped.

"Stupid little nerd, this will teach you from staring at us the wrong way!" Flynn yelled at her. Suddenly, he swiped the books away from Rapunzel's hands and they crashed to the floor.