ch. 9: Wolfsbane

Derek and I were so close on the trail of the Alpha, and I remembered a guy named Harris from when Laura had found him, talked to him about the Alpha, about the fire, and the Alpha was about to kill him now.

"Just wait for me, okay?" Derek was saying, but when I heard the chair breaking against the wall, I was running in. "Tara!"

I ran in, bringing him to the floor. "Get down!"

Derek was running in after me, looking after the direction the Alpha had been, but he was gone now. Derek started to run that way, me getting up when the police lights shone in, sirens blaring. "This is the police. You're surrounded. No one leave the building."

Derek and I looked at each other, not speaking but knowing what to do, and taking off out of the door, heading seperate directions in the hall, using different exits and whatnot.

We basically had half the cops chasing him, half of them chasing me.

Because of an idiot named Scott McCall decided it was okay to tell the state of California that we were the killers because he had thought that we had been dead.

Scott and Stiles were driving the camaro so it'd draw the hunters and the cops to them, but obviously that wasn't doing such a great job with the cops part.

But it was like the cops and the hunters were trying to hoard us into one place so they could catch us at the same time, make it easier on them.

But that wasn't going to happen.

I was running full speed down the road, the cops after me and sirens blaring as I ran, and then was running even faster when I saw Derek, trying to run the opposite way, and it working, running into the Iron Works, and the police dogs following after me, and I spun, eyes glowing and canines with drawled, growled a loud, mean growl, making them think twice about coming near me, running away, whimpering, with tails tucked in between their legs.

Arrows with lights flashing against the machine made me cover my eyes before I was momentarily blinded. 

I watched as Argent was looking down at us with his crossbow, aiming to kill and I was running and ducking behind the machine.

I was glad when I saw Stiles and Scott pull up in the camaro, Derek opening the door. "Get in!"

Argent was aiming the gun at us as I ran and I jumped from the front seat to the back, jumping literally over Derek to get there.

"What part of laying low don't you guys understand?" Scott demanded.

"Damn, we had him!" Derek exclaimed.

"Who, the Alpha?" Stiles asked.

"Yes!" I yelled. "He was right in front of us and the frickin' police showed up."

"Whoa, hey, they're just doing their jobs," Stiles said to both of us, looking at both of the glares that he was getting from us.

"Yeah," Derek said. "Thanks to someone that decided to make us the most wanted fugitives in the entire state."

Hmm. Wondered who that could be. "Can we seriously get past that?" Scott asked. "I made a dumbass mistake, I get it."

"All right!" Stiles half yelled. "How did you guys find him?"

I looked away, not answering, and neither did Derek. "Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?" Scott asked.

"Yeah, all of us," Stiles said, and again he recieved glares from both me and Derek. "Or just him. I'll be back here."

"Look, the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out," Derek said.

"She found two things," I said. "The first was a guy named Harris."