ch. 2: Second Chance At First Line

Even in the morning after the full moon and Derek had helped the newly turned werewolf, he was pretty much stalking him so that the hunters wouldn't find out about us so soon. We knew they would sometime, but we didn't want it to happen just yet.

"Just don't try to look for the Alpha today," Derek said.

"Why not?" I asked, crossing my arm over my chest before turning to the door way, and raising my arms and jumping to the edge, grabbing the top to start doing pull ups, and I was continuing on with them even while we spoke. "He killed Laura. I want him dead. And you're worrying about this newly turned . . kid instead of worrying about our actual problem."

"I get that," Derek said, still trying to talk me out of it. Like that was gonna happen. "I do. It's just--this new werewolf could help us in finding him. And would you stop doing that?"

I smirked, dropping to the ground. "You said us. Finally, you're on board with me helping."

"I didn't say that."

"Didn't mean that you didn't," I said, lowering to the ground, my arms below my shoulders as I started push ups, still talking to him while I did. "It doesn't matter. I'm not gonna want for your approval on who I can and can't kill."

Derek kicked at one of my arms to stop me from the exercises, and I fell to the ground, looking down at me simply, saying in the same way, "I said stop."

I glared up at him, pushing myself up from the ground, and while he turned around, I was planning on fighting back.

I swung around in a circle, my left arm going to hit him in the shoulder when he caught it, turning around back toward me with an exasperated sigh. My knee bent up, and I went to kick him when he, again, caught my leg with both hands, pushing it back toward the ground.

"Come on," I complained, almost angrily, but more annoyed than anything. "Just do something. Fight back. I can't just sit her and do nothing."

"That's exactly what you're gonna do," he said lamely, turning for the door.

"Where are you going?"

"I'll be back soon," he non-answered.

It was dark outside, and we didn't hardly know anyone that was in Beacon Hills. Where was he gonna go?

When he got back, he came in with a shovel, tossing it over to me, and I caught it with ease.

We had to bury our sister. I looked down at her mangled, cut in half corpse down in the whole that we had dug on the side of the house, and I jumped down into the hole to wrap her body with a brown, leather cloth, wrapping it around her, and then using rope to tie it closed, and I tied it tight, more times then I could count. When I was done, I stood in the hole in the ground, looking up at Derek. "When are you getting the wolfsbane?" I asked.

"Tomorrow," he answered, reaching a hand toward mine, and I took his so he could pull me out,  and then we started to cover her body with dirt again, burying her completely. 

I was gonna kill the Alpha, whoever he or she was, for this, and it didn't matter if I died in the process.

I only had Derek now, other than Peter, who couldn't even blink in the hospital with burns covering half his face.

I wasn't going to let this go unpunished.

"Derek!" someone yelled from the outside the next day. "Derek!"

I recognized his voice as the kid that Derek had found, the one who had turned. He sounded more than pissed.

I walked outside, seeing Derek on the other side of the porch to my left, the kid looking at the grave that we had dug the night before, which still needed wolfsbane, and then he looked back the house, shocked to see Derek there and me coming out of the house.