ch. 4: Magic Bullet

I was tracking the Alpha. Alone. Again. I didn't care what Derek had to say, I was gonna find him and kill him with or without Derek.

Yeah, I heard the gunshots. No, that wasn't gonna stop me. And when I heard the Alpha howling, that only feuled me to catch him even more.

I saw him. I finally saw the beast that he became, and I jumped onto the building that he was crawling across, and I noticed him looking behind him at something or someone, but I didn't pay attention to who or what it was. I was following it.

I ran across the roof, trying to keep track of it, but when I heard yet another gunshot and someone falling to the ground, I stopped. Who had gotten shot?

I heard grunting and breathing that had sounded way too familiar, and I looked away from the Alpha for a split second, and when I looked down the side of the building, suspcion confirmed, I saw Derek laying on the ground. When I looked back at the Alpha, it had already disappeared.

I growled, letting out a very annoyed and pissed sigh out, but I was jumping off of the roof anyway, going into a somersalt and rolling over my head and on my shoulders and back on the ground, stopping with one knee on the ground, one foot, that knee pointing up while I looked at Derek next to me.

He backed away to the wall that was behind us, grunting the whole way, pulling up the sleeve of his shirt to reveal the bullet wound, and it glowed purple, purple smoke rising from it while blood was on the bottom half.

The purple smoke . . that had to have been wolfsbane.

Derek looked at me. "What did I say about you taking off after the Alpha alone?"

"Says the one who got shot," I said

I helped him up, and helped him home.

I woke up in the morning when Derek was trying to walk out of the door. "Where are you going?"

"I need Scott," he said, looking way more weak than he had yesterday.

"Wait--why?"

"Wolfsbane bullet," he said. "He's dating Argent's daughter. I need him to--"

"Yeah," I cut him off, nodding. "I get it. You need help? I can drive." 

"No. Not the car." 

"Okay?" 

He started to walk for the door, and when he left, I knew that I wasn't going to let him go alone and end up dead in a ditch somewhere, so I stood, following after him more slowly. He had been so weak that he hadn't even noticed that I had been following him until we walked into the school. "What are you doing here?" 

"You're the one that's always saying I need to come here," I said, looking around. "Not the reason, but I can tell I'm not missing much." 

"Go--" 

"Derek, you look like you're dying, just let me help." 

Derek nodded. "Okay." 

He walked over to some kid that was putting books into his locker, then closing it. He was wearing a long sleeved dark red shirt, had short, spiked brownish hair, blue eyes. "Where's Scott McCall?" 

"Why should I tell you?" the kid asked.

"Because I asked you politely. And I only do that once." 

"Hmm. Okay, tough guy. You know, how 'bout I help you find him if you tell me what you're selling." I looked at him with furrowed brows, standing a few feet back, so he didn't notice me. "What is it? Is it, uh, dynabol? Hmm? HGH?