ch. 8: Lunatic

-----------another short chapter, sorry :(-------------

Derek and I had known that, with the full moon high and bright tonight, that Scott wasn't going to be able to control hiself. And, yes, being n the hideout and where we couldn't even go home was a little crazy, I knew that  Iwould have to stop Scott before he tried to kill someone.

Derek and I had split up to try to look for him. Derek was in the woods while I looked everywhere else.

And seeing him on top of a car with his hand raised in the air to push through the metal and kill who was inside--Jackson Whittemore and Allison Argent, his girlfriend, by the way--was a good sign that I had found him.

Before he could make a move to kill either of them, I threw myself at him, practically flying and grabbing him around his waist and pulling him with me to the ground, shifted at the moment too, just like he was, but I could control it, unlike him. And it was because of the Alpha. Forcing him to turn had made it harder on him to control himself on the full moons.

On the ground, he tried to tackle me, then I threw him down the hill, standing at the top as he got back up and glared at him with wolf features, and I jumped in the air, somersalting and then rolling on the ground to where I was turning to face him when he moved, already standing when he charged himself at me, and I spun, letting him run past, then grabbed him from behind, holding him around the chest to try to make him stop. Where the hell was Derek? "Scott, stop!" I growled.

I had to let him go, and he ran forward to a tree, turning and then running back to me, and I bent backward enough to where he just flew over my head, then straightening up.

I had a very annoyed, very pissed look on my face as I turned back to him as he growled, charging, and trying to hit me with his claws, but I backed my head up a little way to where both fists were just flying past, not hitting me.

He had swung too hard, making himself turn around, and with his back turned to me, I kicked it, and he went down the hill, rolling twice before he was turning and facing me again. Again, he tried to hit, but I ducked, and then grabbed his other wrist when he tried to fight, and then his leg, swinging him over my head and then onto the ground, growling in his face to snap him out of it.

He backed all the way back, away from me, and I stood straight again, waiting to see what he'd do.

Nothing.

He had stopped fighting. I stepped forward through the shadow of a tree and let the canines, the pointed ears, the hair on the side of my cheeks, my claws and my glowing blue eyes fade away until I was human.

Scott was breathing heavier than I was, looking at one of his hands, each finger clawed. "What's happening to me?"

"Exactly what he wants to happen," I answered.

I heard a twig snapping behind me, and I turned around, facing Derek as he finally showed up. "About time," I said. "Missed all the fun." I started to walk past him and toward the camaro, and waiting for him to bring Scott with him.

I had gotten out myself and helped Scott into his house, into his room, his arm over my shoulder as I helped him. He was sore all over, I knew that would be true, and since I had pummeled him, I should've at least helped him to his room.

When I stood in front of his bed, I moved his arm over my head and he sat down across from me. "Thanks," he muttered so low a human would've barely heard it. I didn't answer, starting to turn away until he stopped me. "Wait." He didn't go on until I looked back at him. Scott shook his head. "I can't do this. I can't be this and be with Allison." Was everything about Allison? My God. I didn't let the thoughts show on my face, keeping it blank. "I need you to tell me the truth. Is there a cure?"

"For someone who was bitten?" I asked. "I've heard of one. I don't know if it's true."

"Well, what is it?"

"You have to kill the one who bit you," I answered.

"Kill the Alpha?"

I nodded. Scott seemed to be freaking out, like he thought that that wasn't going to be possible. "Scott," I said, and he stopped. "if you help me and Derek find him, we'll help you kill him."

And I wasn't lying. We wanted him dead for what he did to Laura, and then to us that night outside of the school.

It would be better for everyone if the Alpha died.