Chapter 22: Needles, Tubes, Bags and Him

Avery's POV

The city like was buzzing, people straying about, no corner of of pavement wasnt being taken up by a person. But all I could think about what we were driving towards. My stomach churned my head aches. It has been three weeks since I got my port implanted. I need time to heal before I could start chemotherapy, and today was the day I get my first round of chemo. 

We pulled up to the tall hospital, the same hospital where my mother was staying, and I felt a warm was on my hand. Jareds fingers were intertwining with mine, and I looked at him my heart racing. 

"Are you ready?" 

I shook my head, "No," I slip my head down and bring it back up defiantly, "But we gotta do it." Jared looked down at me with a look of worry, admiration, and lust, "Thats my girl." he kissed my cheek as we strode into the building. 

After we got directions from a useless security guard whom I had to protect against Jared, we arrived on the 18th floor; the oncology center. When I got to my chemotherapy chair I was made comfortable with blankets and candies. 

"I am going to insert the needle into the port now okay?" Said the oncology nurse, because as helpful as she was, "Did you put the numbing cream on at home?" I nodded, "Yeah its on and I'm totally numb." 

"Great!" Said the nurse. She prepped my port area, the cylindrical spot sticking out of my chest. 

"One... Two... Three." She said as she plunged the needle into my port and I sight and the pressure. She tapped it in place and started hooking up the medicine. After a while I could start to taste the medicine in my mouth and I popped candies like pills to try and get rid of the taste. 

Jared faithfully by my side, did not complain one. He held my hand as I squeezed it, he stroked my hair when my eyes were to tired to stay open. He fed my ice chips when I got thirsty. I looked over at him and sign, and he looked at me, "What?" he asked in a worrisome tone, "Is everything alright?" 

"Everything is fine," I motioned for hime to come closer and I surprised him with a  kiss, "I love you. I love you so much." 

"I love you too." Jared smiled as he kissed me back. As we broke apart I could feel a pair of eyes watching me. I turned to see who it was and I couldn't believe what I saw. It was my brother Adam in front of my, wearing the blue oncology nurses' scrubs carrying a tray of medicine. 

"Avery?"

"Adam?" 

"What are you doing here?" I asked

"What are you doing here?" He looked where the needle entered my port and the medicine bags connected to the tubes, "No," Adam looked at me horrified, "No, no, no, no, no. This can't be happening. Not to you." 

I forgot I hadn't told him or my mother yet. I mean I didn't want to worry them, especially with the condition Mom is in. Plus I've been so busy with this... disease.... I didn't stop to think. 

"When did you find out?" He asked, "Adam, I'm sorry." I pushed, a tear escaping me, "When did you find out." He repeated, his voice harder, no longer a question. "About two months ago." 

"Two months?" He exclaimed, "Adam I'm sorry," I said "I was---" 

"No," He cut me off, "Its all your fault." My heart broke. Tears kept pooling from my eyes, even more ferociously, but I realized he wasn't looking at me. He was looking at Jared. 

"Adam..." I said warning and cautiousness in my tone, "Don't. Its not his--- Adam!" I screamed as Adam pounced on Jared and wrestled him to the ground. 

_____

I know I know so many cliff hangers! SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO sorry I haven't updated in a while. I have been busy with school and friends and shit and I haven't had time. I hope you like it! 

Thank you SOOOOOO much for 25K reads! I feel special! You guys continue to surprise me. Don't forget to comment and vote and tell your friends about my book! 

Lets get it to 26K! 

xoxo

Sabrina