Chapter 6: Dinner pt. 1

!PLZ READ!

Hey guys this is kind of a long chapter so I am going to split it into two parts okay? Thanks so much. Don't forget to vote and comment! 

____________

Avery's POV

In the white tiled bathroom connected to our bedroom I finish curling my hair, wearing my fluffy robe. I go back into the bedroom and sit at my vanity, applying a darkish lipstick, a nude smokey eye, mascara, and the smallest bit of bronzer. I stare back at myself in the mirror. My flowing brown hair, hangs just past my shoulders. My green eyes pierce back at my, while my collarbones are carefully placed by my neck. 

I go back into the bathroom to change into my red dress. The smooth, silky fabric, hangs right to my skin, with a long side thigh slit on my right leg, exposes my ivory leg. The red stilettos patch perfectly, and the black handbag completes my look. I add a pair of red ruby earrings to my ears, and head to the grand suitcase. All the boys were down infront of the staircase at the bottom looking up. They all had on some sort of dress shirt and suit blazer. Each had a pair of black slacks. Jared was the only one wearing a white button up. They all stared at my as I defended the stairs. One at a time, careful not to trip and fall. 

I looked back down at the boys, but focused on Jared. No one has ever looked at me like that before. That hunger that lust, that desire. His yearning was obvious, but he also looked in awe of what he was seeing. A warm flutter filled my heart but I surpressed it. Remember how he hurt you. 

"Like what you see?" I ask and Jared continues to stare, "Most definitely," says Mason as I reach the bottom of the stairs, and he kisses my cheek, "You look gorgeous." 

"You don't look that bad either." 

"Oh shut up." Mason laughed

"You all look nice," The all greeted me with thank you and you too's. I turned to Jared and spun around. 

"How do I look? Satisfied?" I ask as he locks elbows with me and smiles, "You look gorgeous darling," be bends down to kiss my neck, "Absoulutly gorgeous." 

I smile inwardly, but display a smug smirk as we walk to the double doors that grant us exit, and then to the cars. 

As we climbed in  Elijah, Jackson, Noah were across from Jared and I, while Mason and Jacob were in the front seats, "So," I nervously fiddle with the hem of my thigh slit, "Where are we going?" 

"To a special dinner. Hosted by my brother." Jared spoke softly, yet sternly, "He is a good guy. He has his own gang, and he is married to a woman named Lynn. I think you'll really like her. But... you need to be warned about my brother. Charles." 

"What about him?" I ask,

"Well..." Jared begins, "Oh someone else talk." 

"He is a player," said Jacob, "He sleeps around. Yeah he is married with two kids. And sure he loves them. But he isn't afraid to hit on you." 

"He is going to try to get you into bed," Said Mason from the front seat, "Just don't encourage him." 

"We all remember what happened to the last girl Charlie slept with that Jared was with." Said Noah and all the boys snicker and chuckle while Jared shot them a dark glare, "Enough," Jared said, "she got what she deserved." 

"What happened?" I prompt. 

"Lets just say things didn't go over smoothly for the girl." Elijah said as he slowly drags a finger across his neck. I gulp, feeling my hands start to shake and my insides churning. Noah and Jared seem to notice this because they exchange a glance, "Just don't encourage him and you should be fine," Noah says patting my knee and I nod my head. 

Moments later we pull up to a large modern mansion, that you have to wind through the forest to get to. The circular drive way was massive, and the stone work was incredible. Jared hopped out of the car, and hurried to the other side before I had a chance to reach for the handle, "Shall we?" He reaches for me hand, "We shall." I throw back. 

We walk up the few steps leading to the door way and they were opened by a single butler, "Mr. Matthews how nice to see you," smiles the butler, a younger man, maybe mid-20's with combed back black hair, and glowing ocean blue eyes. His eyes fixed on me and he smiled, "I see you have brought a companion Sir." 

"Yes hello Oscar. This is Avery Cole, my date, and girlfriend," I smile still somewhat irked by the word girlfriend.

"How wonderful to meet you Ms. Cole. It is my pleasure." He smiles at me and extends his hand to follow him, "It is nice to meet you too." I greet back. 

We walk dow a large corridor and durn into a grand dining hall. At the head of the table was a large bulky man, who seemed to be only a few years older that Jared, and shared the same russet brown hair as him. He stood up as we entered, "Brother!" his voice boomed, "So glad to see you again," I felt Jared stiffen slightly but relaxed, a goofy smile engulfing his face. 

"Charles! Its good to see you too." Jared briefly let me go to hug his brother. When they broke apart, Charles eyes pinned on me, "And who is this young lady." 

Jared conciously slips a hand around my waist. I normally would shove him off. But I didn't, "This is my date, and my girlfriend," He emphasized the word, "Avery Cole. Avery, this is my older brother Charles," A woman appeared next to Charles. She wore a green floor length dress, with green emerald earings, and bright red lipstick. Her eyes were kind, and her smile kinder. Who would ever want to cheat on this woman? 

"And his wife Lynn." he motions towards his sister in law, and hugs her quickly, "Its great to see you Lynn."

"I wish you came around more often," Lynn complains lightheartedly, "We miss you around her---" 

"UNCLE JARED!!!!!!" Two small shrieks cried out as two little girls, about the same age came running towards Jared. He bent down and scooped them into his arms and kissed them each on one cheek as the giggled furiously, "How are my two favorite nieces?" 

"Uncle Jared we are your only nieces!" exclaimed one of the little girls and the other contiued to giggle, "Why that is very true." Jared chuckled and set them down. One the little girls turned towards me and stared, a smile eating away at the corners of her mouth, "Uncle Jared who is that?" She pointed towards me and I chuckled. Jared looked up at me and smiled too, "This is my girlfriend Avery. She is very nice to me and very kind. Avery these are my four year old twin nieces, Anna and Emma." he pointed to the two girls, Emma being the one who asked who I was. 

I squatted down, careful not to rip my dress and smiled at the little girls, "Hi girls Im Avery," I smile and I extended my hand loosely. Each little girl took one and shook it. The giggled furiously and said hi, repeating their names, "Whats your favorite color?" I ask them, "Ohhh!!!" Exclaimed Anna jumping up and down, "I love purple!" 

"And I love blue!" laughed Emma. Purple and Blue. I will have to remember that. 

"Hey girls can I ask you something?" 

"Sure!" They giggle in unison.

"What do you like about your Uncle Jared?" 

I looked up at Jared his cheeks going pink and the boys were laughing. Anna and Emma got very excited because the wrapped their tiny bodies around each of his legs and squeezed. 

"He is so funny," cried Emma,

"And kind!" laughed Anna 

"And he plays with us,"

"And he brings his friends over," Anna looked over and the boys who smiled at her, before she buried her head in Jared' leg and everyone laughed. 

"And he loves us very much." Emma stated. A kind of warmness filled up my heart and I smiled standing up looking over and Jared, "Was that really necessary?" he whispers, "Oh most definitely." I whisper back smiling, and it must have been infectious because he smiled back too. 

"Okay enough doodling about. Lets eat!" said Lynn.