What?

Stall him.

"W-wait, who, who are you talking about?"

He looked as if he was lost in some memory just staring at my face.
"Hmm?"

"You said I look like her. Who?"

Coming back to the present he looked me in the eye and furrowed his brows a bit.

"It's true you do, you have the same beautiful brown eyes."

"Who?" I repeated.

"You."

"And?"

"And what?" He asked.

Man this guy is an airhead.

"I look like whom?" I tried to elaborate.

His brows rose slightly at the question and then he smiled again.

"Melody, my first mate."

Woah, hold up.
First mate?

"What do you mean?"

He sighed.

"She was my mate but, she rejected me." He said staring off into the distance.
Oooh burn.

A pained look crossed his features.

"Why'd she reject you?" I found myself actually interested.
He was an Alpha and a good looking one at that, I wondered what he could have done to make her reject him.
Maybe he kidnapped her too.

"Well, it happened five years back. I was in England attending to some pack issues when I met her. She was in school at the time but I didn't mind. I finally walked up to her and told her who I was. Even though the mate bond was there she didn't really feel it because she was in love with some human boy.
And she did nothing but rub it in my face over and over again, and she kept rejecting me. But I kept coming back since she could not officially reject me and break the mate bond because I'm an Alpha. But she rejected me in every other sense of the word.
She rejected me a grand total of eleven good times all for that worthless human." I noticed as he said this his eyes turned dark. He not only looked possessed now, he also looked demented and just plain wicked.

Again, maybe it's just the lighting that's doing that to him.

"So I killed him." he said nonchalantly.

Or maybe not.

"And when she found out she killed herself. I don't understand why she did that, much less for someone so insignificant.
She said she loved him but that love made her a fool." he growled as if having a private little argument with himself.

"Anyway, that's how I ended up mateless. I really don't understand why the moon goddess has blessed me with another mate, but hey, I'm not complaining."

"But I am." I snapped trying to move back.

"You won't for long, believe me. You don't know how happy I was to see you that day at the meeting. For a minute feared that he would have already claimed you but then I saw your untainted neck and realized what an idiot Damon is." I tried to kick him but he just held my legs and pulled me towards him.

"You're not my mate! I already have one!" I tried to free myself.

"I am your mate!"

I turned my struggle up a notch. And  I could tell he was loosing his patience.

He growled at me.

"Stop it right now!" He shouted.
And then he hit me.

Right across the cheek.
It just made me fight more.

"No! Get away from me!" In one lightening quick move, he had pushed me on the floor and trapped my legs with his and held my hands with his one hand.

"I said don't fight me." He growled lowly against the crook of my neck.

He placed a soft kiss on my neck. "Don't make me do that to you princess." He spoke softly all of a sudden. He went from one extreme to another.

Then I felt his fangs graze my skin.

I was drained of all my energy.
So I shut my eyes and waited for it.

Then it came.

My timely intervention.

A door at the corner of the room flew open, light flooded through the room.

Someone stepped in and Jared, Jam or Java, whatever his name is seized his movements.

"Sorry to interrupt Alpha Jax, but he's woken up."

Jax, yes, that's his name.

He froze above me.

"Okay, now get out."

"Yes Alpha." then the person scurried out of the room leaving us in partial darkness again.

He was about to continue with his actions when he withdrew his head to look at me.

Then he smiled.
A wicked beaming smile.

"I have a better idea."

And before I knew it he was up and I was being thrown over his shoulder as he took long strides out of the room.

Where is he taking me?