"welcome to camp"

Start from the beginning

"you okay?" connor asked, trailing his case along beside troye's.

"yeah," troye nodded acutely, trying to shake his nerves away. "just a little jittery, you know? i don't really know why..."

"everything 'll be fine!" connor smiled surely. "i know my way around here. look! just back there are our cabins!"

they stood at the intersection of the dirt road, looking at many paths diverging from it and disappearing into greenery. there were parents and younger boys walking far down the trail.

"lead the way, connor!" laurelle directed, following the boy when he started walking down one of the pathways.

"it's this one," connor informed them. "there's zuni, and hopi, tewa, and kiba (yes, a real place @ my camp. not coming for ella or anything woops love u ella). and we're staying in platform tents- with beds, too!"

troye stayed quiet, observing the things they passed (it was mostly trees and open feild space).

they turned a corner and were met with a large, spread out circle of cabins in a clearing. there were two men standing at a picnic table in the middle of it all in tie dye shirts, holding clipboards and chatting with each other.

"welcome to camp, boys!" the man with light blond hair exclaimed as connor and troye grew closer. "my name is uke as in ukulele and i'm one of your counselors for this week!"

"and i'm your other counselor," a smaller voice spoke. "and my name is comet."

troye looked over at connor with a puzzled expression. ukulele? comet? what kind of names were those?

"just camp names," connor whispered lowly, smiling when realization graced troye's face.

laurelle walked up to the men and shook both of their hands, introducing herself and the boys.

"aaaalright..." uke thought. he was tall and deeply tanned, as a result of being in the sun all summer. he was muscular and conventionally attractive. with bright blue eyes and honey blonde hair, he was the epitome of confidence. comet, on the other hand, was shorter and thin.

"franta and sivan?" he checked, pointing his pen at each of the boys in turn. they nodded and kept eye contact with him as he continued, "you two are in cabin number four." he pointed to a cabin, practically over thrown with vegetation and vines.

laurelle hugged and kissed each boy goodbye, wishing them a good weekend then stayed behind, filling out the test of the paper work. connor and troye walked to the cabin in silence, connor still smiling, just happy to be back.

troye pushed open the tremendously creaky screen door only to see another boy already occupying one of the four beds. he looked up from what he held in his lap.

"hi, my name's phil!" he beamed. he had funny red hair and pale- no, not pale. translucent might've been the right word- skin.

"i'm connor," he introduced himself, lying his suitcase down on one of the beds. "and this is troye," he continued after troye didn't say anything.

"are you two here together?" phil asked, standing from his little cot and smoothing down his spider-man sheets.

"yeah, actually," connor said, looking over at troye as if to confirm the fact. "he's my best friend so we came together, but i've been here a couple times."

"that's nice," phil said. they all continued talking as the two boys unpacked their bags, spreading put their sleeping bags and fluffing doen their pillows. "i wish i had come with someone..."

"that's okay that you didn't come with anyone," troye finally spoke up. "we can be your friends, you know."

just then, a shy knock came from the door. a short, brown haired boy peaked his head out from around the screen and stepped in cautiously. "um- hey, guys. i'm dan..." he had a quiet voice and a sweet face, but he carried a mischievous glint in his eye.

"you can have this one," phil suggested, patting the plastic mattress next to his.

dan muttered a thanks and began dressing his bed with blankets and stuffed animals. the boys all told dan their names, and proceeded to sit cross-legged on their beds, chatting and giggling with each other. troye twirled his braids in his between his fingers and blushed when dan said he thought it was pretty.

troye had only been at camp for less than an hour and he had already made two great new friends. the nervousness bubbling up in his stomach seemed to have gone away now that he looked around and saw three different colors of eyes looking back at him reassuringly. maybe this week at camp wouldn't be so bad after all.

---------------------------------

hello im such a camp rat and a beatles stan it's not even funny like 100% of this is personal experience!! it was kinda hard to express everything about camp bcs it's such a personal special thing to me tbh im so dumb and sappy its just so nicE

also i fukcgin love phil lester sm i hope you know that

comment 10000000 times and vote and ill love u 5ever (but not as much as il -lostboy)