Ketchup!

Why did I agree to this? He would have totally bought me ice cream anyway!
We sit in the back of the choir room unnoticed and silent.
"So when are we going to acknowledge our presence?" Sam whispers to me. Paranoid I shrink in my seat and hiss at him to keep quiet.
"When everyone leaves." I whisper. Sam rolls his eyes at me and yanks my arm. I hiss at him again.
"Stop!" I whisper.
He yanks it again and I frown.
"Stop!" I say a little louder but not too loud. He yanks it again and it makes me stand.
"You little shit!" I whisper/yell and everyone snaps their heads our way. I start to breath fast and sweat and shake and Sam just stands there smiling at everyone.
"Well, hello?" The music teacher says. I frown at the ground.
"Hi." Sam says happily.
He nudges at my side telling me to speak. I groan and keep my eyes at the ground but never the less speak.
"Sup." I say as cool as possible trying to hide the panic in my voice.
"What can I do for you guys?" He asks. I don't want to look up because I know he would recognize me.
"We'd like to.." Sam says but I cut him off.
"Be squirrels!" I frantically shout. I hear a couple of kids laughter and I glance up to see Sam's shoulders shaking as he tries to hold back his.
"I don't think I could help you with that." The teacher says.
"Yeah...no we want to join gl.." Sam gets cut off again.
"Glee! We want to join glee!" I shout and put my hand over my mouth. What the hell is happening to me?!?
"Yeah, what she said." He says. The teacher stays silent for a while which makes me look up finally.
"Ahah! I knew I knew your voice!" He shouts. I cringe at the memory of him hearing me sing...or speak or at all!
"Yeaaaah." I say.
"So you want to join now?" He asks
"Listen...Mr..." I get cut off.
"Call me Phil! Everyone in here calls me Phil." He says.
I clear my throat.
"I'm only here for ice cream every week,Phil." I say. He furrows his eyebrows at me.
"When did I start doing that?" He asks. I roll my eyes.
"Not from you...him." I say pointing to Sam. Sam smiles and waves.
"So he's buying you ice cream every week to join glee?" Phil asks trying to get this all through.
"Yep." I say.
"Why?" He asks confused.
"Its a long story! Can we please just try out so I can go get my ice cream?" I ask impatiently.
"Wait! Woah woah woah back it up! I thought it was only on Fridays?!" Sam asks confused.
"Oh I didn't tell you? I meant Mondays and Friday...and whenever you make me mad." I say. Sam groans and I chuckle a bit.
"Sing." Phil says.
"What?" I ask confused on what he just said.
"You wanna try out, sing." He says.
"In front of everyone?" I ask getting scared again.
"Yep." He says. I look at Sam with the best puppy dog eyes I could and plead for my life.
"Come on, we'll sing a song together." He says reassuringly.
I squeeze his hand and breathe because I know when I panic I usually forget to.
"What are we going to sing?" I ask.
"How about Air? By Shawn Mendes." He says. I smile and nod. That's my jam. That's like...my super jam. I would sing that song anywhere...I'd sing it if I were dying.
"You don't have to sing the whole thing, sing the chorus and that's all we'll need." He says. We nod and take a breath. We look at each other so we can start at the same time.

And you,you don't mean no harm. But you're stringing me along and I don't have the time to spare. And I,Im trying hard to breathe, but you're suffocating me this time I'm coming up for air.
(Air 12x) A a a a air air air!

We finished singing and some people clapped some people sat there but Phil just grinned at us like a maniac.

"You're in." He says with a smile. I thought I would be mad or embarrassed but the only thing I felt was joy. I instantly smiled and I started to jump up and down. Sam looked at me surprised at my reaction.
"You did good." Sam says to me bumping my shoulder.
"So did you." I say with a smile.
"We are definitely getting icecream." Sam says with a grin I jump up and down in excitement. Fuck yeah!
"Well, we start practice tomorrow at 3:40 to 5:00pm." Phil says. We nod and wave good bye leaving the music room.
"So, you're happy about this after all?" He asks.
"Yeah, I guess...what my family doesn't know...won't kill ME." I say switching up the whole entire phrase.
"Yeaaah, that's not how it goes." He says correcting me.
"Whatever, let's go to Dairy Queen!" I say running to the exit door of the school. After a few seconds Sam follows.
We make it to the car and as we walk there I hear a bunch of yelling dominate sounding guys coming from the football field. Sam and I hurriedly race to the gate trying to see what was happening. As we look into the field we see two guys fighting. One who I assume is the towel boy and one our wide receiver Paul Danning. Surprisingly the towel guy was beating old Pauly boy to a pulp.
"What the hell?" I whisper to Sam.
"Should we....like...help break it up?" He asks. I look at him then the fighters.
"You can, if I step in there I'm a goner...I'm literally littler than that guys arm." I say.
"Enough said." Sam said grabbing my hand and dragging me to the car.
"What are you doing?" I ask.
"I'm gonna go help but you should stay in the car. Its not okay for you to be seeing all this gruesome violence." Sam says. I scoff.
"I live in a house with 6 guys Sam, I've been living in gruesome violence." I say.
"Just shut up and let me be a gentlemen." Sam says. I chuckle and it oddly turns into a snort.
Sam raises his eyebrows at me and my cheeks go red.
"That was the most adorable thing I've ever heard." He says before kissing my cheek and running to the football field. I sigh and lean back in my chair.
Now what am I supposed to do? I look around the car in search of entertainment and my eyes land on the glove compartment.
I reach my hand out and pull the handle making it fall open. I gasp at what I see.
"Holy shit." I say. I touch the dreadful object and immediately pull my hand away, scared I would leave finger prints. No, its not what you think it is...its....its....its condoms! Its a box of condoms.
I haven't even thought about sex. I look around for any sign of someone coming. When I see no one I reach for it again this time actually grabbing it and bringing it closer so that I can read it. XL....hmmm nice to know.
I'm not exactly the most experienced in the sex department. I've only made out with Sam and that's as far as I've ever went with any guy...ever.
Sure I was in Jacob's bed...on top of him...but I never did anything. Besides beat him with a pillow.
As I examine the box I hear voices getting louder so I hurriedly put the box back and closed the compartment.
I look around to see Sam with Jacob draped on his shoulder and I groan. Did this idiot get in the fight?!
I get out of the car and walk to them.
"What the hell happened?" I ask confused.
"I'll tell you later, for now get him in the car." Sam says. I sigh and obey.
I struggle to get him in the back seat but I did it.
"Now what?" I ask.
"Get back there with him I have a first aid kit in my trunk." Sam says. I nod and get in the back seat with Jacob.
"What did you do you idiot?" I ask him. He groans and looks up at me.
"I was defending a friend." He says.
"Oh so you have friends worth fighting for? Last time I checked none of your friends were really friends when you needed them." I say.
He scoffs at me.
"Can we not right now? All of my friends don't have the extra space." He says.
"Yeah but Paul does....he throws his summer party's there all the time." I say.
"His parents don't like me." He says.
"I don't like you, but you still live with me." I say with a shrug. Jacob groans and throws his head back in annoyance.
"Can we just not?!" He says.
"Fine." I say. Sam clears his throat and we turn around.
"Here." He says handing me the kit. I take it from him and sit it on my lap opening it and grabbing the things I'll need.
"You guys argue too much." Sam says. I look at him and roll my eyes.
"Whatever, you brought him here, it would have been nice if you left him there to die." I say.
"Drew! That's just evil, come on now!" Sam says. I put my head down in shame.
"Apologize." Says Sam. I look at him pleading with my eyes.
"But, I don't want to!" I whine.
"Do it!" He says to me as if I'm a disobedient child. I groan and slide down in my seat throwing a tantrum.
"Fine! I'm sorry I want you to die!" I say to Jacob. Both him and Sam gasp.
"Try that again!" Sam says.
"I'm sorry that I'm not sorry that I want you to die." I say.
"That was worse." Jacob says.
"Well, do you want me to lie?" I ask.
"Yes! I very much so would!" He exclaims.
"Fine then, I'm so completely sorry I said such vile things to you. Please forgive me?" I say melodramatically.
Jacob takes a deep breath in and opens his mouth as if he's going to say something then closes it and thinks about it.
"No. But thanks anyway." He says.
I roll my eyes.
"Can we get ice cream now?" I say as I finish up with Jacobs wounds.
"Yeah, you wanna come?" Sam asks Jacob and my eyes go wide.
"No! What?" I ask.
"What? Why can't he come?" Sam asks.
"Because I thought we were going to talk about the...you know...and you know!" I say trying to hide what I really wanted to say which only proves my point.
"Ooooh, yeah the thing. We can always talk about that another time." He says. I sigh.
"Fine!" I say giving in.
"Where we going?" Jacob asks.
"Dairy Queen." I say.
"Okay. I'll met you guys there." He says getting out the car. I sigh and lean my head on the back seat.
"You aren't going to get in the front?" Sam asks.
"No, just drive." I say lazily.
He nods and starts the car.
Great now I'm not even excited about getting ice cream.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

"Welcome to Dairy Queens. What can I get you?"
A pretty blonde asks. She looked about Sam's age and she was totally giving him the flirty eyes and he didn't notice at all.
He was just looking at the choices. His face was in a disgusted expression so I darted my eyes to see what he was looking at and it was chocolate ice cream. I furrowed my eyebrows.
"You don't like chocolate ice cream?" I ask.
"Not at all." He says.
We look at the menu for a while until we here a groan from behind us. We turn to see Jacob.
"Are you going to order or not?" Jacob asks impatiently.
I roll my eyes and look at the cashier who's now giving Jacob the flirty eyes.
"I'll take strawberry swirl." I say. The girl snaps out of her lust mode back to me.
"And I'll just have vanilla." Sam says.
Jacob clears his throat.
"You come to Dairy Queen, and just get vanilla?" He asks Sam. This is probably the only thing I'll agree with Jacob on.
"Yeah, why don't you just order your ice cream and shut your face." Sam says suggestively.
Jacob cracks a smile and puts his hands up in defence.
"Fine." He says.
"I'll have a strawberry swirl like this lovely lady here." He says smiling and gesturing to me. I pierce my lips together and look at the cashier who's now looking confused for some reason.
"Okay, will that be all?" She asks.
"Yeah." Sam says.
"That'll be $9.75" she says. Sam nods and pulls out a 10 but Jacob stops him.
"I can pay for my own ice cream dude." He says. Sam just shakes his head no and hands her the bill.
"Its fine." Sam says.
The girl hands him his change and a receipt. We sit down waiting for our number to be called.
"So, what thing are you guys hiding from me?" Jacob asks. I look at him quickly and then look at Sam.
"Don't take it personal, we're hiding it from everyone right now." Sam says.
"Your not like...pregnant or anything right?" Jacob asks me. I look at him eyes wide and mouth dropped completely pissed that he even asked that.
"Uh....no." I say. Jacob sighs a breath of relief and smiles.
"Great, I hate babies." He says. I roll my eyes at him and was about to say something but our number was called and I got excited. I hoped up and grabbed my ice cream. Sam and Jacob trailed behind me as I tried to find a good table. Once I did I plopped down on the chair at the table I picked.
The boys did the same.
"So, nobody's pregnant so what's the big deal?" Jacob says.
"I just don't want to tell anyone, can you please just respect that?" I ask.
"...I just don't understand is all. But I'll respect it." He responds.
I sigh and grab the chocolate syrup off the table and Sam grabs something as well. When I actually look and see what he grabbed my eyes widened and I shouted, "Ketchup!" So he would stop. His eyebrows lift and he looks down to see that he was holding a bottle of ketchup and was about to put it on his ice cream.
"Oh wow, I thought that was strawberry syrup." Sam says.
"Dude! Why didn't you just get strawberry swirl?" Jacob asks.
"I don't like the actual strawberry chunks." He says. Oh my gosh. My boyfriend has zero taste in ice cream.
"Sam, sweetie. Your choice in ice cream is so boring." I say.

"So is your choice in men." Jacob whispers to me. I roll my eyes at him and look at Sam hoping he didn't hear and from the looks of it he didn't.

Jacob never stays in his place for very long.