Wes Imagine 7

"Thank you so much! Yes, I'll be there 7:00 A.M. tomorrow morning. See you then!" Your mom talked into the phone and then hung up. "So?" You asked, already knowing the answer. "I got the part!" Your sister exclaimed, hugging you tightly. Your sister was an aspiring actor and had finally gotten her first roll. She was to be in a big movie they were filming right there in your city. It was a good thing that she didn't have to travel far, but you knew you wouldn't get to see much of her. Another problem in the whole scenario was you lost your ride to and from school. Great thing none of your friends lived near you, because not only did you get to walk to and from school, you got to do it alone.

The next morning was quite lonely. You walked alone, only looking forward and just wishing you were at school already. It didn't help that you lived about a mile and a half away and had to walk through Main Street to get to school. You saw people get dropped off by cars and honestly wished you were them. Sure, you may have been taking this too far and whining a bit much, but you didn't really care. You finally arrived to school and slammed your locker shut after getting your things out of it and walked to homeroom. This would take a bit to get used to.

That afternoon as you were walking home you saw someone familiar walking ajacently on the other side of the street. Oh no, you thought. It was your best friend Wes. Well, former best friend that is. The two of you hung out almost everyday and did everything together. That was, until sixth grade; the beginning of middle school. Middle school drama, complications, and popularity tore the two of you apart somehow. Once unseperable, now too far for comfort. You walked faster with the goal of completely ignoring him so it wouldn't be awkward. It didn't help that you two kept looking over at each other, sometimes at the same time, and that his turn off to his street was only a block before yours, so your paths were mostly the same. You really hoped this didn't happen everyday. Or did you?

The next day he was on the same side of the street as you, but just a few feed behind. You didn't know why he changed his oath, and, frankly, you didn't plan on investigating. The walk was silent and awkward until the silence was broken by Wes ever so quietly saying, "see you" to you as he turned onto his street. You gave a small smile and walked away before it got even more awkward.

After that day walking home, the next day he greeted you at the corner and walked next to you. The two of you barely talked until, again, you both said your farewells by his street. The days after that things got a bit more chatty and a bit more comfortable. Sometimes you even couldn't wait to walk home together. One day, though, everything changed.

You were walking home as normal, like everyday. But you were feeling a little down that day and were pretty quiet. Wes usually liked to take over the conversation, but today he noticed something was up. He sensed your unease and began speaking.

"Is anything bothering you, (Y/N)?" Wes asked you. "What do you mean?" You asked in response.
"Well, everytime I bring up your sister you either freeze up or change the subject immediately. I just wanted to know if-"
"Maybe it's because you constantly bring her up! She's my sister not yours. Why don't you just shut the hell up about her?" You snapped. Wes looked at you and sighed. He didn't expect to get an answer from you the easy way, anyway.

That's when he kissed you.

He kissed you passionately, smiling into it even. All the anger you were feeling was quickly relieved by his tender lips on yours. The two of you released the kiss and started into each other's eyes. Wes grabbed your hand and interlocked fingers with you. "Now, tell me what's been bothering you." Was the only thing he said.
"It's just my sister is so famous, cool, and likeable and I'm just lame compared to her! She so gorgeous and knows what she's going to do with her life. And I'm just, well, me." You finally admitted.

"But you're all those things to me." Wes smiled shyly.

"Yeah, but no one else feels that way..." You sighed. "But does that matter?" Wes gave you a questioning look. He was right. That didn't matter. He was all that mattered to you. At that moment in time, everyone else could be on fire and Wes could still be the light of your world.

Maybe walking home was the best thing that could've happened to you.