Shayne Imagine 6

(A/N)
Thanks for the request @madashstarr !

Claustrophobia is defined as extreme or irrational fear of confined places. And, of course, you were one of those unlucky individuals who has claustrophobia. Where were you right now you may ask? You were currently trapped in an elevator that was not moving anytime soon, and in which there was no escape. To top it all off, you were seconds away from a full-fledged panic attack in front of your best friend and huge crush, Shayne Topp.

You and Shayne had known each other ever since you were neighbors in your apartment complex, and you both became very close with one another. Shayne kinda knew about your claustrophobia, but you'd never been trapped in a small space with him or had an episode in front of him. Your biggest fear about the apartment building your lived in was the practically ancient elevator, and of course it had to break down when you were in it.

"Yep, we're stuck in the elevator, and it's not moving," Shayne spoke into the phone. He was speaking to whoever picked up when he called 911, explaining the issue you were having. "One hour?" Shayne sighed, "alright, thanks for your help."

He hung up the phone and shoved it back in his pocket, an annoyed groan leaving his lips. You didn't know how long you could take it in there without freaking out, but your mind was already panicking.

"It's gonna be an hour, if you didn't hear." Shayne informed you, sitting down in the elevator. You nodded your head, breathing becoming shallower and harder to control. Shit.

Shayne noticed your heavy breathing and patted the ground next to him, inviting you to sit. You did so, pulling your knees up to your chest. "Oh crap," Shayne began, "you have claustrophobia, don't you?"

"Yeah..." you sighed, feeling embarrassed. "That's not good, but I'll try to take your mind off of it." Shayne gave you his best smile, calming your nerves slightly.

Your conversation for the next thirty minutes was pointless chatter and, as the minutes went by, your panic worsened. You tried to focus on Shayne's winning smile or his enchanting greyish blue eyes, but your thoughts kept going to the continuing situation of being trapped. Your hands were shaking and you weren't speaking at this point, and you could feel every bit of your body way too hot and cold at the same time. Here it comes.

"(Y/N), are you okay? You aren't speaking."

"Fuck, we're fucking trapped!" You shouted. Shayne looked back at you, taken aback. You stood up. "I'm freaking out Shayne, we're going to die in here or something! They're not going to be able to get us out and we're trapped. Fuck!"

You placed your hands in your hair and leaned against the wall, breathing fast and heart beat quickening. You were beyond embarrassed, but you couldn't help yourself at this point.

"We're not going to die, (Y/N)." Shayne simply stated as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. Maybe it was, but you were panicking and rational things didn't make sense right now.

"It's easy for you to say! You don't have claustrophobia." You yelled, voice cracking by the end. Your eyes teared up and you couldn't stop the tears flowing of your eyes as you slid down the wall of the elevator, curling up in a corner. Shayne stared at you for a moment before slowly moving next to you and wrapping an arm around your shaking body.

"Come here, (Y/N)," Shayne calmly spoke, pulling you closer. You laid your head in his chest, calming down slightly. "I'm sorry for being insensitive, I know you can't control your fear."

You smiled slightly, looking up at Shayne, "It's okay." Shayne rubbed his hand comfortingly up your side as you shook, wiping away tears. He turned your body to face him, and you looked at him with tear-stained cheeks.

Shayne pushed a strands of your hair out of your face with one hand and brushed the other against your cheek. You looked at him waiting, and he had a look of unsureness.

Shayne leaned in, pressing his lips gently against yours in one swift motion. He moved his lips slowly against yours, pulling away and cupping your cheeks.

"I guess I just can't stand to see you upset." Shayne laughed, blushing profusely. Your face shared the same tint of pink, not even remembering your fear for a short while. You stared into each other's eyes, both happy as can be.

"How much longer until they come?" You finally asked, referring to the rescue team who will help you get out.

Shayne looked down at his phone's clock. "About fifteen minutes, baby," he sighed, fingers playing with the strands of your hair. You whimpered slightly, unaware you did it out loud. Shayne's lips touched your forehead this time, giving it a soft kiss to keep your relaxed. It worked, of course, as you cuddled yourself into his arms until the police came.

Suddenly, claustrophobia wasn't all that bad.