chapter twenty-two

Start from the beginning

"How about this one?" Troye asked, holding up a green/blue sparkly dress that cut down into a 'V' at the back. I looked at the dress quickly, taking in it's features and then nodded quickly, smiling.

"I like it a lot," Connor said, agreeing with both Troye and I.

"What time is it?" I asked as Connor pulled out his phone.

"Around 5:30, we only took 15 minutes to find you a dress," he said as Troye handed me the dress. I took it by its hanger and then put it on my bed, looking at the two boys.

"Thank you for helping me," I said, hugging them both. They just nodded and then smiled before they left the room so that I could get ready and so could they. As the door closed, I looked back at the dress on my bed and then exited the room to go get ready for the party.

+

It was around 7:45 by the time I was finished getting ready. I put my hair to one side and grabbed a black clutch that I had. There was a sudden knock on the door as I reached over to grab my phone. My fingers wrapped around the space grey iPhone and I quickly got up and ran towards my door, opening it. Zoë, Connor, Troye, and Alfie were all standing in the doorway. Once they saw me, all of their eyes widened in shock.

"Alyssa, you look amazing," Zoë said while the three boys nodded in agreement.

"So do you!" I said, looking at Zoë's dress.

"Do you all have everything you need?" Alfie asked, as I nodded along with the rest. We all started talking about the party and what we thought it would be like just as the doorbell rang. No one else seemed to hear the ring, expect for me so I quickly excused myself from the conversation and ran down the stairs. I placed my black clutch on the table and then walked towards the door slowly and opened it.

As soon as I saw Joe standing in the doorway, I smiled and took in all of his features. He was wearing black jeans and a simple white buttoned up shirt. His hair was styled up perfectly and his blue eyes were mesmerizing. While I was busy looking at him, I didn't notice that he was staring at me with his mouth open. Once I noticed his reaction, I raised my eyebrows and smiled.

"What?"

"It's just that you look gorgeous," he said, before he wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him tightly, pressing my lips to his cheek.

"You look handsome," I whispered as he pulled away, smiling and then looked up. I followed his gaze, and saw that Zoë, Alfie, Troye and Connor were watching us from the stairs. As soon as they all realized that we knew that they were watching, they cleared their throats and walked down the remaining stairs. They all greeted Joe as I picked up my clutch and rejoined the group.

"Are we all ready to go?" Alfie asked as he grabbed the keys to Zoë's car. We all nodded but then I realized something.

"Are we all going to be able to fit into Zoë's car? There's only five seats and there's six of us," I pointed out.

"You can sit on my lap, love," Joe said as I let out a laugh. He laughed along and then shook his head.

"I was kidding," he said quickly. I narrowed my eyes at him, the smile on my face widening.

"Uh huh."

"Alyssa and I could get an uber," he said, as I nodded in agreement.