chapter twenty

JOE SUGG'S POV
I walked into the airport and quickly checked the time to see that it was noon. They should be here any minute. I leaned against the wall beside me and waited until the minutes passed by.

"Joe?" Two voices asked, making me look up from my phone. I smiled once I saw who it was and placed a hand on both of their shoulders.

"It's good to see both of you," I said, as I led them towards my car.

"It's great to be back in London," one of them said, as the other nodded in agreement.

"Merry Christmas, by the way."

"Does she know yet?"

"No I haven't told her."

"God, I love surprising people."

"Says the person that hates surprises," one of them snickered.

"Oh shut up."

I shook my head at the two people beside me, letting out a small laugh at their bickering. I was truly surprised that these two made time to actually come to London, on Christmas, just to surprise her. I guess it just showed how much both of them cared about her.

"It's been a long time since I've seen her, ever since last year's Vidcon, I think."

"All you do is talk about how much you want to see her."

"It's a good thing, you're both seeing her soon," I said as I opened the car door. One of the two boys went in the backseat and the other in the front.

"You know, I think it's the sweetest thing that you're doing this for your girlfriend."

"How did you know?"

"We had our suspicions but you basically just confirmed it for us."

"I have my own suspicions about you two," I admitted as one of them let out a laugh. I pulled out of the airport parking lot and onto the highway that led to Brighton.

"Pshh, us? There's nothing going on with us."

"If you say so."

"You know Joe, you actually never told us where we were going."

"You two," I said motioning towards them, "are going to be surprise guests for dinner."

"Do Zoë and Alfie know about this?"

"Yeah, I already told them. You have nothing to worry about." I assured them.

+

The rest of the car ride consisted of the three of us singing along to songs, figuring out our plan and telling each other crazy ass stories. I have to be honest, it was great to see them again and I knew that Alyssa was going to be excited to see them too.

"Is it normal to be nervous?" I asked.

"It depends on the reason."

"I think Alyssa and I are going to tell Zoë and Alfie that we're dating."

"How long have you been dating for?"