Chapter 56: Interrupted

Ryaka's POV

Ryaka went home feeling lighthearted. It is as if all her pain went away. Yes, she misses Rinko and she is still sad about what happened but the sharp pain in her chest is gone. She is now ready to face the reality that Rinko is gone, and that she has to let her go. It doesn't mean that she'll forget about her but rather, she will be with her other mother and they will watch over them together from above. She had accepted it and that is all because of Kunimitsu Tezuka, and that special night. She had never expected him to confess his feelings for her.

-flashback-

"You don't have to apologize. I understand, and it was my choice to come everyday. Because I wanted you to know that you are not alone and that I will always be here for you. No matter what." Tezuka said to her.

"I-I know... but why? Why did you do all that for me?" Ryaka said, with her head still looking down.

"Because Rye..." Tezuka held her chin and lifted her face.

"I love you."

And as the sun goes down, Tezuka closed the distance between his lips and hers.

Her eyes went wide with astonishment. For both the confession of Tezuka's feelings and the kiss. She was unable to move for a few seconds after Tezuka pulled away.

Then, Tezuka too seemed to be shocked for what he said and did.

"K-kuni-kun.......?"

"Ahhh! No! I didn't mean that! No! I mean, I mean that! ARGHHH!!!" Tezuka smacked his forehead with his palm.

Ryaka can't help but feel amused. 'So even the stoic Seigaku Ca

ptain has a cute side like this huh. Who knew?'

"Kuni-kun, if you really don't mean what you said, I'll forget about it." She softly spoke.

Tezuka's head jerked towards her. "No, Rye... I really mean it. But I don't want you to answer right now because I know you already have too much on your plate and I don't want to add up to it."

She reached for his hand and gave it a little squeeze. "Arigato Kunimitsu." She whispered, loud enough for him to hear.

They stared at the sky holding hands as it was enveloped with darkness and the stars came out. The lights of the city flickered, it was a beautiful sight, perfect with a beautiful night.

-end of flashback-

"Tadaima!" She called when she entered the house.

"Nee-chan..."

She was changing into the indoor slippers when she heard it and looked up to see a teary eyed Ryoma.

She quickly got up and hugged her little brother. "Chib--Ryoma-kun... I'm sorry. I'm sorry for making you worried about me, I'm sorry for not being by your side when you needed me. I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Her voice was coughing up as she said those words.

Ryoma needed her and she hasn't been there for him because she was being selfish by shutting herself in. Everyone was grieving yet she added to their pain.