Chapter 8: Seigaku's newest member

Ryaka's POV

Seigaku Tennis Courts.

"Everyone, gather around!" Tezuka called as he entered the courts. All of the members, including the regulars dropped what they're doing and gathered around him.

"I want to introduce to all of you, a new member of Seigaku Tennis Club!"

Ryaka entered the courts and the members' jaws the dropped. She was wearing a tennis skirt and fitted shirt paired with pink sneakers. Even the regulars were surprised at the introduction from Tezuka.

"Hello everyone, I'm Ryaka Echizen and starting today, I will be your new manager. Let's all do our best!" Ryaka introduced herself and bowed to them.

"Echizen? Are you somehow related to Ryoma Echizen?" Arai asked.

"Yes, Ryoma is my younger brother." Ryaka smiled at him and Arai blushed.

"Ryaka-san will be watching everyone closely from now on, even the non-regulars. Don't let your guard down and always bring your game on!" Tezuka reminded them.

"Matches will be arranged in the same fashion they were done during rankings. On this case though, only one block will play per day starting from D going to A, as the matches are done in order for Ryaka-chan to observe and weigh your skills for her to devise a specific training program for each individual. Even first years are included in the matches so work hard." Coach Ryuzaki explained.

"Yes!! My 2 years tennis experience will now be shown to everyone!" Horio boasted.

"Stop it Horio-kun its embarassing." Katsuo and Kachiro had anime sweat-drop expressions.

"Now, see the boards for your block assignments and block D's matches will start in an hour. Prepare the courts. Dismissed!" Tezuka sent them on a one-hour break.

The regulars went directly to Ryaka.

"No fair Ryaka-chan, why didn't you tell us yesterday that you were going to be our manager?" Eiji fake pouted at her.

"It was meant to be a surprise. Hihi. I hope it wasn't a bad news for anyone." Ryaka smiled at him.

"Of course not! You are most welcomed here!" Momo beamed at her.

"Arigatou gozaimasu. I'm looking forward to working with everyone. I heard so much about your techniques."

After an hour, the matches for block D already started.

Ryaka is focused on each and every match, after each one she immediately gives the players her evaluation and points out which part of their body and which skill or technique should they work more on. She then takes mental notes of everything and will create the specialized programs when she gets home. Inui was on her side taking data on his notebook.

After all the matches were done, the regulars went to the club room to change. Ryaka went to get juice from the vending machine when two girls approached her.

"Uhm, are you the new manager for the tennis club?" A girl with long brown hair in braids asked her.

"Oh~! You're the girl who helped me the other day right? Yes, I'm the new manager. I'm sorry, may I know your name please?" she smiled warmly at the shy girl.

"Uhm, its Sakuno Ryuzaki."

"Ryuzaki? Could you be Coach Ryuzaki's grand daughter? You mentioned about the papers you need to give to your grandmom right?"