Chapter 26: At the airport

Third Person's POV

The next day...

Narita Airport, Japan.

All the Seigaku regulars are present in seeing off Ryoma, Ryoga and Nanjiro.

They are still a bit starstruck with Nanjiro even after meeting him the first time during Nationals.

"Rye-chan, take care of yourself okay? We'll be back in no time. Don't stress yourself too much." Ryoga said as he hugged Ryaka.

"Yes don't worry too much about me." Ryaka as as she hugged him back.

Ryaka also gave her dad a hug and said: "Hey oyaji, don't tease them too much okay? Especially Ryoma, you seem to enjoy bullying him."

Nanjiro just gave a smirk and hugged her as well. "I will miss you princess."

"Me too dad, see you all when you come back."

Ryaka then turned to Ryoma. "Chibisuke, crush them."

"Of course." Ryoma said as he gave Ryaka an arrogant smile.

"Nee-chan, take care okay? Don't let those guys near you. >.>" Ryoma said as he pouted and looked at Fuji and Tezuka.

"Teehee, you're really cute Chibisuke. That isn't possible because they're part of the team and most of all, they're my friends too you know." Ryaka smiled as she gave Ryoma a kiss on the cheek. "Good luck on the World Cup."

Ryaka went to talk to Ryoga and Nanjiro some more while the guys from Seigaku gave Ryoma their well wishes and gifts.

---------

Ryoma's POV

"Ochibi do your best~! Here's the charm I made for you." Eiji handed him a charm.

The others gave him a bunch of stuff as well.

It was almost time to board when Sakuno came rushing in. She was catching her breath when she stopped in front of him.

Ryoma can't help but be amused.

"Ryuzaki, you made in time. There's no delays in our flight today you know." Ryoma said.

"H-huffff. U-uhm. G-gomenasai. I ran here as f-fast *huff* as I c-could." Sakuno can barely get the words out.

He handed her a juice he bought earlier. "Here take a drink, looks like you need it."

"A-arigato." Sakuno accepted and drank the whole thing in one go.

"You okay now?" He asked after a few seconds.

"Y-yeah, thanks Ryoma-kun." Sakuno said and smiled at him.

"Its nothing."

"Oh uhm here, I got this for you." Sakuno handed him a paper bag.

Ryoma accepted it and looked inside. It was the grip tape that has been selling really fast in the market and he's been looking for one for days already.

"Thanks Ryuzaki, how'd you find one? I've been looking myself." He said as he took it out and examined it.

"Well uhm I had it reserved." Sakuno said shyly.

"Arigato."

"You're welcome Ryoma-kun."

He turned and saw everyone was watching them. He quickly lowered his cap and walked towards the boarding area to hide his embarrassment.

Nanjiro and Ryoga followed him.

"Yosh! Let's go Team Echizen!!" Nanjiro shouted. He turned and saw Ryoga quickly moved away from Nanjiro as if trying to hide the fact that he knew him because his shout made heads turn. He let out a sigh and continued walking.

-----------

Third Person's POV

"Rye-chan, Nanako-chan and I are going to the market do you want to come along?" Rinko asked Ryaka after they saw that the pla

ne for the Echizen males has already departed.

"You go ahead okaa-san, I'll be hanging out with them for a while. I'll see you at home." Ryaka said.

"Uwaa~! Me too! I have to buy ingredients for dinner." Eiji said.

"Alright, let's go together Kikumaru-kun." Nanako said.

Rinko, Nanako and Kikumaru took off.

"I'm sorry but I have to go as well. Yuuta called and wants to have a practice session with me." Fuji said as he excused himself.

"Speaking of practice, Kaidoh, want to work on the program at the river?" Inui asked.

"Hai." Kaido agreed.

Everyone then went off their separate ways from the airport.

-------

Ryaka's POV

"Eh? And here I said I was going to hang out. Hmm I guess I'd go home then." Ryaka said to herself.

"Rye, want to go to a cafe with me?" Tezuka suddenly asked.

"Kyaaa~!! Kuni-kun you almost gave me a heart attack~! I thought you went off as well." Ryaka exclaimed.

"I heard you say you're hanging out and noticed everyone left so I stayed behind." Tezuka said.

"That's really nice of you but I don't want to hang out with you." Ryaka turned away from him.

She saw Tezuka's shocked expression from the corner of her eye.

"Teehee~ Just kidding Kuni-kun! Of course I want to hang out with you~! Yosh! Let's go~!" Ryaka suddenly said and she let out hearty laughs.

Tezuka's face was full mixed emotions but he followed her anyway.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~