Chapter 55: Sunset

Tezuka's POV

Several days had gone by and Ryaka still wouldn't come out of her room. Tezuka goes to their house each day after practice, sitting outside her door for a couple of hours or so, talking to the non-responsive girl. He was always worried about her but Nanako said that Ryaka lets Ryoga come in to her room and it is Ryoga who gives her food which somehow eased his worry of her getting sick. This must be because Ryoga might be the one person Ryaka trusts the most during times like this. Ryoga was, after all, the only family member she has when they lost their biological mother.

Tezuka would always slip in a note under her door, poems that he made himself, words from his favorite book authors and anything he can think of. There are also times when he would bring with him some of her favorite food and leave it by her door side, he didn't know if she eats them but he keeps bringing them anyway. It was his own way of supporting the heartbroken girl.

The other guys from Seigaku would also come visit from time to time but like with him, Ryaka won't face any of them. Ryoma on the other hand, bears with the loss through tennis. He had become more tenacious and his shots are more aggressive. Although Ryoma would come to the daily practice at school, he became even more aloof and distant than before.

----------------

Ryoga's POV

Ryoga watched from his room's window as Tezuka went out the gate. The Seigaku Captain tirelessly comes to give support to his sister and although he didn't actually liked the middle school boy at first, he's now thinking that Ryaka is lucky to have a friend like Kunimitsu Tezuka.

He checked his watch and it was almost time for dinner. He went out of his room and saw that there are flowers outside of Ryaka's door, they must be from Tezuka. He picked them up and carried them to the kitchen with him.

Their cousin Nanako had just finished making dinner and he grabbed a tray to bring up to Ryaka.

"Ryoga-san, here's a soup I made for Rye-chan." Nanako said while arranging the food in the tray that he got.

"Arigato." He said while putting the flowers in a small vase and placing them on the tray as well.

"Are those from Tezuka-kun?" Nanako asked.

"Hai."

"He's a really nice guy." Nanako commented. "I'll also get this to Nanjiro ojii-san." She said while holding another tray of food.

His father would always sit and pray on the shrine they made for Rinko and he insists on taking his meals there too.

"Nanako-san, arigato gozaimasu. For everything you're doing for all of us." Ryoga said and Nanako smiled warmly at him.