stepping ahead

...Preet...
Next morning getting up I was asked to get ready since the Malhotra's would be here soon to pick me up. Settling on a glass of juice I walked in my closet and picked up a white and red saree and got dressed.

 Settling on a glass of juice I walked in my closet and picked up a white and red saree and got dressed

I lined my eyes with black eye liner and kohl and applied red lipstick. Kabir had already applied the vermilion before leaving in the morning so that was a done deal.
My chura were perfectly matching with my dress.
I completed my look by wearing my earrings

and slipped in my red stilettos.
Picking up my phone I tried calling my brother but like the last seven times the call went unanswered. I was busy muttering curse words to that idiot that I didn't notice that to my utter bad luck he was standing right at the door.

"I am going to kill you once I see you." I muttered settling on the bed.

"Then I better go back." He answered. I instantly looked at the owner of the voice, my anger now a forgotten business.

I quickly got off the bed and hugged him.
"I thought you wouldn't be here." I accepted truthfully..

"I wouldn't have missed it.", he answered making me go all aww at him.

"So all set?" He asked looking at my handbag.

"Yeah." I replied.
We settled down on the bed talking, my head on his lap as he caressed my hair.
After talking for another 15 minutes I heard my soon to be sister in law shouting.

"Ohh shit." Aryan sweared getting up instantly which only resulted in my head falling on the bed.

"Ouch." I exclaimed rubbing my neck.
Both Aryan and Tara panicked as I still had injuries.

"I am fine.", I replied even before they would start shooting their questions at me.

"Why were you shouting?" I asked Tara as he instantly looked at Aryan narrow eyed. It seems I just invited trouble for my brother.
I got off the the bed, smothering my saree and my hair, Tara helping me.

"I asked this idiot to call you downstairs, since Kabir is waiting and you both have your lunch at the Malhotra mansion but instead this idiot is busy having his own good time here." She replied.