"It's okay, Kabir can wait." I replied as it was no big deal.

Aryan chuckled and Tara gave me an amused look.

Together we descended downstairs to face my eagerly waiting husband.
His eyes gleaming in appreciation, there was no denying to the fact that he loved me wearing Saree and I loved my effect on him.
He offered his hand once I was near him. Pulling me closer his hand settled on my lower back.

After a bit of chit chatting session, we left for Malhotra mansion, as soon as I entered the house, Kashish clinged to me like a second skin, Kabir looked surprised but let it slip.
I hugged Kashish back, I knew she was still scared and she had every right to be.
I cupped her face breaking the hug,
Kavya kept her Laptop aside and walked in front of me with her hands folded across.
The look she was giving me simply meant one think.
Preet Malhotra, you are a gone case now.

"Mrs. Preet Malhotra, don't you think you have a lot to tell me?" She asked I looked up at Abhi and he looked down which only meant that she knew what happened a day prior.
I begged her from my eyes to shut up and for once she did so.
Soon after lunch the young clan decided to join us since we had a lot of planning to do for Kavya and Abhi's wedding.

The invitations were already sent and the wedding was on the 31st of this month, yes the new year eve and since it was already 15th we had to start working

Unlike ours Abhi and Kavya wanted their wedding to be a private affair.
Having two marriages in a month is a perk since all the shopping work is done simultaneously. Many of our guests had also decided to stay back one of the reasons, all the bungalows around Malhotra mansion were either bought or rented.
Credits to Mr. Kabir Malhotra.
Since Abhi was a Punjabi and not a a Sikh his wedding was according to the mahurat in the hindu way.
Malhotra's had hired the same wedding planner as our wedding.
All of us were busy chatting and pulling each other's leg. I got up to get some snacks for everyone. I was helping the servants dish out the various delicacies when I was suddenly and roughly turned around and then pulled in a hug. I stumbled a couple of steps because of the force of the hug.
Breaking the hug all the more abruptly, Kabir checked my wrists and wiped my face with a wet cloth.
I looked back at the Living area only to find Singh uncle there.
This only meant two things, one everyone knew what happened yesterday and second I am doomed.
Tears escaped his eyes as he brushed his fingers across the bruise on my lips and left a feathery kiss there , I closed my eyes for a moment and opened them again.
"It doesn't hurt as much as this does." I said in a mere whisper wiping his tears away.
He held my shoulders his demeanor changing all of a sudden, making it difficult for me to read his eyes.

"Are you fu*king crazy?" He shouted and I closed my eyes scared. He was so loud that our whole family now stood out. Meera maa was about to step in to stop Kabir but Papa stopped her.

"She held a gun here, here you idiot." He said caressing my forehead.

"Tujhe koi idea bhi hai mera kya hota tere bina? Mar jata mai. Khatam ho jata mai. Tu sab kuch hai mera, itni simple si baat kyu nahi samajh aati tujhe?" (Do you have any idea what would I do if something happened to you? I would have died. I woukd have been finished .you are my everything. Why don't you understand such a simple thing?) He asked still shouting, grabbing his hair in frustration. And slowly the tears he was holding back flew free.

"Kabir, mai aap ki Preet hu. Aap mujhe kabhi bhi kuch hone doge?"(Kabir I am your Preet, would you let anything happen to me?)
I asked holding his face making him look in my eyes
He shook his head negatively to my question indicating a no.
"toh fir?" (Then?)
I wiped his tears again and smiled at him. He did not return the smile but held me protectively in a side hug.
My brother was the next one, unlike Kabir he didn't crib or shout but just pulled me in a bear hug and kissed my hair and said.
"As much as I hate you for endangering your life I am still proud of you." He said.
Meera maa was next along with Papa, papa side hugged me while Meera Maa kissed my forehead and said.
"Thank you."

"Thank you? Seriously" I faked anger to lighten the mood and it did work everyone let out a chuckle except my Monster.
Soon our family drama wrapped up and all of us left for our respective houses as the evening took over.
We were in the car driving back home, it's been almost 2 hours since Kabir spoke to me.

"Kabir, I said I am sorry na."

"Hmm." Was his only reply.

"Kabir aap chila lo, maar lo but ignore mat karo please, apko mujhe punish karna hai? Woh bhi manzur hai mujhe Kabir magar yeh chuppi nahi manzur hai mujhe, please." (Kabir shout at me, scold me, hit me but please don't ignore me. You wish to punish me? Every punishment is acceptable but your silence isn't please.) I cried. As soon as he heard my sobs he stopped the car and turned towards me, again he didn't say anything just kissed my forehead.
I hadn't noticed we had reached our house by that time.
"Preet, I am not angry, you go home, I'll be back shortly I have a meeting to attend." He said finally.
I nodded and got out of the car and waved as he drove away.

"I know my ways Mr. Malhotra.", I said to no one in particular as I got in the house and got to my work.
Along with Kaka(cook) I cooked the dinner and placed it on the table. With the help of other helpers I decorated the hall and the stairs, after which I dismissed our servants for two days and myself decorated our bedroom and the adjoining terrace with candles and rose petals.
After all this I quickly freshen up and blow dried my hair and secured them in a messy bun.
Simultaneously I got dressed in a plain red saree.
"I am going to be your death Mr. Malhotra." I said as I completed my look with a bright red lipstick and eye kohl and liner.
I darkened the vermilion in my hairline and wore simple diamond long earrings.

I checked the settings once again and then waited for him to get back, but my wait was short lived as soon I heard the door opening down

______________________________kind of filler..

Next update full of romance promise....

Khwaish.