vii

I was walking around the halls when Vernon spotted me.

"Oh, noona!", he ran to me.

"Vernon, hi." Being the awkward person I am, I just stood there. I'm still not familiar with anyone not my age in the boys' group. Mingyu and Seokmin are literally the people I'm closest with and I talk to Minghao when our classes joint together.

"Are you coming later?", he asked.

"Um, coming where?", I asked back.

"Ah, so hyung didn't tell you... The boys are coming back to school tonight at the hangout."

"Tonight?"

"We do this from time to time. It's okay if you can't go, not everyone would come."

"Ah, okay. We'll see about it later then.."

"Well then, bye, noona!"

Vernon ran off to his own class. I realized it was time for gym class so I headed for the locker room. 

When I finished to change clothes, I heard laughter on the other side of the room. I looked over and saw Yuna. I remembered, Class 2-C and Class 2-E are joining for gym today. She did call Soonyoung 'oppa' but I didn't know we're on the same grade. What a pain... 

"Alright, girls play volleyball, boys play basketball. Divide the court by yourselves.", said the teacher. 

I went over to Seung-ah who was on the sides of the court. She and I didn't really want to play the game so we chatted over some stuff instead. 

"Oi, you girls,", the teacher called on us."Everyone's supposed to play." So we were forced to play.

Me and Seung-ah played on one team and the team we're playing against was the devil's.

"Huh? I didn't know you play, Soonyoung's sister.", Yuna called out. Jeez, ever since that thing in the cafeteria, everyone's shocked about Soonyoung having a sister they never heard of. Like, what's the big deal about that, oh, besides the fact his father's apparently the CEO of some company, seriously?

"I don't play. I got forced to.", I replied.

"Whatever, let's see how good you are.", she said.

As the game started, their side had served first. Our side did okay to put back to their side but they made a formation to make a spike. Fortunately, we managed to block their spike and gained a point. The game was good then it was Yuna's turn to serve. The ball came on fast and it was directed to me. I couldn't save it. After that, it was the typical kind of thing when a person hates you, they direct their attacks on you. This girl has no chill on me(; ̄д ̄). The game ended with their side winning.

"You okay? Yuna-bitch kept going at you a while ago.", Seung-ah asked.

"It's not like I can do anything about it.", I replied. "Let idiots be idiots."

After school, by the time it got dark, I remembered what Vernon told me earlier. I went over to Soonyoung's room and saw he wasn't there. He must have went to school. Though it was nice of Vernon to invite me, I couldn't spare the time my favorite drama had reruns on TV. 

As I was lazing off the couch and was just about to fall asleep, my phone rang.

"Yeoboseyo?", I said.

"Mimiyoung~", a voice came through.

"Uh, Soonyoung..?"

"Ah, she got it right! Wow~ you actually recognized my voice. How nice of you~"

"I know, I'm nice."

"Ooooh, yes you are~~!"

I'm confused right now but he probably had a drink. I know he's weird on his own but a drunk Soonyoung could be worse.

"I'm coming over.", I told him.

"Yayy!! Hurry up, okay?"

"Yeah.."

I went to school but the school gates were locked so I had to sneak in somewhere. I went to the back of the school garden and entered the hangout. It wasn't really a party, but they had snacks, drinks and fun games. Most of the boys were here. Even some of the people in school, well, there are a lot of them. I looked around for Soonyoung. 

"Oh, noona, you came.", Vernon said when he saw me.

"Yeah, I did but--"

He cut me off. "Noona, Hoshi-hyung's a bit out of it right now. And you're probably here for him, right?"

"Ah, yeah. Where is he?", I asked.

"Over there.", he pointed to one side of the room.

"Soonyoung.", I called to him.

"Oh, Miyoungie~", he smile, answering back.

When I got closer to him, his face looks a bit red. Did he really...

"Oi, Mimi, do you know how long it took you to get here? It felt like an hour.", he slurred his words but I understood what he said. And I understood the situation.

"Yup. It's time to go home. Let's go, Soonyoung.", I told him. I tried to pull him up but he wouldn't budge.

"Eeh~ But you just got here.", he whined. "Let's do something first."

"Like what?"

"Let's just chat."

"Huh?"

"Tell me a story."

"But I don't have one."

"If you don't say anything, I'll do this." He suddenly hugged me. Tight. 

"Yah, Soonyoung! Let me go!"

"Tell me a story~", he demanded, hugging me tighter. 

"Okay, okay. Let me sit down, at least." He released me and I sat down at the seat beside him. "So, there were these two teenagers, one a boy and one a girl, they became step siblings--"

"This sound familiar.", he interrupted.

"Shut up, let me continue-- The girl was very pretty and smart and the boy was a weird and annoying one--" I looked over at him to see if he looks a bit offended but no, he was staring at me like always.

"The boy would always come over to the girl's room for no apparent reason and would do random things in there, and if they're not in the girl's room, he would keep picking on her wherever they go. Even through all this, the girl decides to endure her brother's annoyance because she knows there's no stopping that. Thus the girl had to live a tiring life because of the brother. The end."

He didn't say anything but continued to stare at me. We then had a staring contest as I stared back at him, but soon after I lost to him. He stares at me too much, I thought. 

"I stare at you too much, don't I?", he then asked. 

"I just thought that."  I wanted to say. 

"Just tell me if it's a bother. I'd stop.", he said.

"Not really,", I said. "I don't mind it. I just wonder why..."

"I told you before, it's because you're--"

Before he could say anything else, he passed out.